The Student Room Group

uni life

what is the uni life like in surrey? what things are there to do and what are the people like? im trying to decide if between surrey and sussex
Original post by meltkk
what is the uni life like in surrey? what things are there to do and what are the people like? im trying to decide if between surrey and sussex

I mean Guildford as far as ik is very boring. Maybe Friary area? (it’s in Guildford)
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by meltkk

Hi there,

In terms of life, it depends on what your interest is. There are plenty of clubs around the university, including one on the campus! The university also has many events every day (these could range from fresh fruit and veg markets and food stalls, yoga classes, and rowing. Another great thing is that you can get to London in just over 30 minutes on the fast train! We have so many societies, so be sure to join some as many of these do on and off-campus events too. If there isn’t a society you like, then make your own!

We very uniquely offer a global graduate award so you can learn a new language alongside your degree for absolutely free! This is something I’ve undertaken, and it’s so helpful! We have a great library composed of 5 floors. I love to study there. It’s so refreshing! The town centre is quite historic, and only a short walk away from the university. It does have lovely cobbled high streets. However, there are more modern buildings such as the shopping centre. Guildford is quite a historic town, so the university tries to incorporate some of that charm! If you’re interested in sports and fitness, all students have access to Surrey Sports Park, where you can enjoy all the facilities! Some of the Olympics 2012 teams trained in our Olympic sized swimming pool! Here’s the link to the website so you can check out all of our facilities https://www.surreysportspark.co.uk

Joao
Economics

Quick Reply

Latest