The Student Room Group

Am i asexual or depressed?

I do not care about sex or relationships at all, but idk if it's because I'm depressed. I don't care about anything in life so I think it's depression, but my friends talk about boys alllll the time, but Idk if they actually want sexual relationships or they just wanna fit in with everyone else.

Asexuality is just so confusing to me because I know I'm straight, I'm attracted to boys and I like them. It's just I very rarely think wow omg sexxxxxx. Sometimes I do but again Idk if that's actual real feelings or peer pressure. Idk. It's hard.
i don’t have an answer, but for what it’s worth i’m in the exact same boat as you <3
Original post by Anonymous
I do not care about sex or relationships at all, but idk if it's because I'm depressed. I don't care about anything in life so I think it's depression, but my friends talk about boys alllll the time, but Idk if they actually want sexual relationships or they just wanna fit in with everyone else.

Asexuality is just so confusing to me because I know I'm straight, I'm attracted to boys and I like them. It's just I very rarely think wow omg sexxxxxx. Sometimes I do but again Idk if that's actual real feelings or peer pressure. Idk. It's hard.

one of my exes told me that they (born female but uses he/them pronouns) are asexual and how they felt about our s*x and everything.. they felt weird about it all.. my point is.. it's pretty normal to not like s*x or feel that you need it so i thing you may be asexual
I don't think its depression or asexuality it might just be that you don't have an interest or you're not bothered about it. My friends do talk about their relationships and some talk about girls sometimes but im just not bothered by it probably because i don't care so i guess it might be the same. I wouldn't stress about it too much because real feelings would take time to develop so i think you might be over thinking and coming to all sorts of conclusions.
I would agreed, im in the same situation lol i guess its normal, my friends and classmates keep going on and on about all their stuff and it makes me bored so it might contribute to it because i know im straight and not depressed
Original post by Rohan15
I don't think its depression or asexuality it might just be that you don't have an interest or you're not bothered about it. My friends do talk about their relationships and some talk about girls sometimes but im just not bothered by it probably because i don't care so i guess it might be the same. I wouldn't stress about it too much because real feelings would take time to develop so i think you might be over thinking and coming to all sorts of conclusions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending