The Student Room Group

Haven't heard back

hello guys,

I had an interview on thursday and the manager said he would call me the next day as he's going on holiday. I haven't heard back, should i call the restaurant or just leave it? I have another interview for another place but i'm more eager to work at the first place
Reply 1
//
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by username54
hello guys,

I had an interview on thursday and the manager said he would call me the next day as he's going on holiday. I haven't heard back, should i call the restaurant or just leave it? I have another interview for another place but i'm more eager to work at the first place

Give it a few more days maybe a deputy manager or a supervisor may call. even though it’s only been 48 hours since you done the interview 72 hours almost if you count the completion of today giving a ring now would then seem to them that you seem desperate for the job which’ll then put them off, or maybe they got other candidates to interview as well for the vacant position before shortlisting who’s been successful and will be getting an email/phone call and who won’t. Best of luck with your other interview but hopefully you get the job.
Reply 3
Original post by Mohammed1000000
Give it a few more days maybe a deputy manager or a supervisor may call. even though it’s only been 48 hours since you done the interview 72 hours almost if you count the completion of today giving a ring now would then seem to them that you seem desperate for the job which’ll then put them off, or maybe they got other candidates to interview as well for the vacant position before shortlisting who’s been successful and will be getting an email/phone call and who won’t. Best of luck with your other interview but hopefully you get the job.

Yeahhh I think I may give it a few more days, they finished interviewing on friday i'm pretty sure. Also, would you know what are signs of a successful interview? Thanks
Yeahhh I think I may give it a few more days, they finished interviewing on friday i'm pretty sure. Also, would you know what are signs of a successful interview? Thanks

Definitely check emails regularly because I am sure you applied electronically beforehand when completing the application especially for the e-mails that doesn’t have the messages whereby it says “we won’t be progressing you onto the next stage” you see that that’s fine so far otherwise you know what that means another would be obviously the phone call a reasonable timescale although this is the weekend on a Sunday especially days where some business don’t trade expect if successful a call at some-point next week usually recruiters and if you know your successful you’d know your outcome within a week time scale so from last Friday to next Friday. No worries and once again I hope you pass with flying colours.
Reply 5
Definitely check emails regularly because I am sure you applied electronically beforehand when completing the application especially for the e-mails that doesn’t have the messages whereby it says “we won’t be progressing you onto the next stage” you see that that’s fine so far otherwise you know what that means another would be obviously the phone call a reasonable timescale although this is the weekend on a Sunday especially days where some business don’t trade expect if successful a call at some-point next week usually recruiters and if you know your successful you’d know your outcome within a week time scale so from last Friday to next Friday. No worries and once again I hope you pass with flying colours.

Thank you i'm quite optimistic about this interview being successful, the manager told me i'll receive an email which will say congratulations so i should be looking out for an email right? Sorry for all the questions
Thank you i'm quite optimistic about this interview being successful, the manager told me i'll receive an email which will say congratulations so i should be looking out for an email right? Sorry for all the questions

No worries best to always seek clarity and understanding happy to help, yes definitely an email should come prior to offer of employment and if you’ve been successful they will explain to you what happens next two methods employers use when it comes to recruiting.
Reply 7
No worries best to always seek clarity and understanding happy to help, yes definitely an email should come prior to offer of employment and if you’ve been successful they will explain to you what happens next two methods employers use when it comes to recruiting.

Thank you
Thank you

No need to thank me :smile: best of luck wish you every success on your new job if successful. Though wish you every luck on your second interview. Hope you get both!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending