The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

unsure of future at goldsmiths

im super frustrated and burnt out bc of goldsmiths and the strikes and covid and personal mental health issues. ive stuck out two years here yet it feels like theyre taking the piss at this point. it feels liek theres no real support for students who are struggling and theres not even any point in engaging in the course material and getting to know the lecturers bc theyre bloody strike for a month again! i get why theyre doing it but why does it have to affect our teaching so badly??!?! especially with covid on top. my entire first year was online ffs!? im not sure if i should transfer and leave the few friends ive made here, do a year long study abroad or internship or just take a year out and figure out what to do by myself. also does anyone else feel this way?? will anything actually get done about how abysmally students have been treated the past two years??? if youre thinking of coming to goldsmiths next year... dont. i wish i could recommend it but save yourself from all this heartache. advice much appreciated!!
My experience with Goldsmiths has drained my mental health. The uni management and staff do not care about students. Not only that but they will announce a month's strike and smile in your face, saying they are doing 'everything they can' to 'centre' students. Having us wait months for feedback on work and miss out on half the terms lectures is not centring us. I came to uni so excited about my course and to connect with like minded teachers and students. Basically everything they said in the open day. But slowly realising that was all bull to reel us in and take our money lol :frown: Also thinking of transferring but feeling very demotivated and burnt out by goldsmiths so don't know what to do!!
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending