The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Anglia Ruskin University vs. University of Greenwich vs. University of Bournemouth

hello everyone!

After long research i have finally decided my top three universities I'd like to apply to, I already have a conditional letter to one of the universities i have applied to and are still awaiting the responses for the other two.

i am planning on taking psychology with counselling psychology in university of Greenwich and Bournemouth, and psychology with clinical psychology in Anglia Ruskin university.

However i have no idea which to choose from as they all seem great to me.
I am abroad as of now so i cant not visit any of the universities (but if you about any online tours please do let me know!)

Hoping for brutally honest opinions on each university please! In terms of their lecturers, accommodation, city life, university support, etc.

thank you in advance! :smile:
Reply 1
bump
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
hello everyone!

After long research i have finally decided my top three universities I'd like to apply to, I already have a conditional letter to one of the universities i have applied to and are still awaiting the responses for the other two.

i am planning on taking psychology with counselling psychology in university of Greenwich and Bournemouth, and psychology with clinical psychology in Anglia Ruskin university.

I am abroad as of now so i cant not visit any of the universities (but if you about any online tours please do let me know!)

Hoping for brutally honest opinions on each university please! In terms of their lecturers, accommodation, city life, university support, etc.

Hi there,
We're really excited to hear you're considering us at ARU.

I will get a student to pop by soon and give you some thoughts :smile: but I just wanted to share we do have online tours available as well as a 24/7 open day.

At the 24/7 Open Day you will see which students and staff are available to chat with and you can access resources and up-to-date talks about the courses. If you take a look at our Science Centre that is where all of our Psychology facilities are and as you can tell it's all very new and state-of-the-art.

If you have any other questions about ARU, please do let me know how I can help.

Best wishes,
Megan
Original post by Anonymous
hello everyone!

Hi, I’m an undergraduate student studying Psychology with Criminology in Anglia Ruskin University.
The psychology department is especially hard working and dedicated. The lecturers are quite qualified and experienced. E.g., with the pandemic, they have constantly been trying to find new ways to interact with students. They are quite friendly and helpful.
Most of the university accommodations are walking distance to the campus. The on-site accommodation gives preference to first year students. The accommodation team also supports in finding private accommodation. They have a number of useful resources for any student.
Cambridge City Centre is 10-15 mins walk from the campus. Major activity spots are quite near to the uni. Cambridge is a city of students and education. It has a different vibe compared to other cities.
Anglia Ruskin has a number of student services for student support. These services will guide students in almost all aspects of their life. From well-being to career planning there will always be someone who will be able to mentor you.
I hope I was able to give you some insight into ARU. Feel free to ask me any more questions. Thank you.
Asma
Original post by ARUStudents
Hi, I’m an undergraduate student studying Psychology with Criminology in Anglia Ruskin University.
The psychology department is especially hard working and dedicated. The lecturers are quite qualified and experienced. E.g., with the pandemic, they have constantly been trying to find new ways to interact with students. They are quite friendly and helpful.
Most of the university accommodations are walking distance to the campus. The on-site accommodation gives preference to first year students. The accommodation team also supports in finding private accommodation. They have a number of useful resources for any student.
Cambridge City Centre is 10-15 mins walk from the campus. Major activity spots are quite near to the uni. Cambridge is a city of students and education. It has a different vibe compared to other cities.
Anglia Ruskin has a number of student services for student support. These services will guide students in almost all aspects of their life. From well-being to career planning there will always be someone who will be able to mentor you.
I hope I was able to give you some insight into ARU. Feel free to ask me any more questions. Thank you.
Asma

Hello Asma

Sorry to jump on this thread but my son will be doing your course at ARU in September. It would be really useful to have some idea as to the timetable each week.
Many thanks
Original post by Purdy358
Hello Asma

Sorry to jump on this thread but my son will be doing your course at ARU in September. It would be really useful to have some idea as to the timetable each week.
Many thanks

Hi,
That’s great! I usually have my teaching condensed to 3 days on average. This semester I have my lectures on Monday and Friday, and practicals/seminars on Thursday. Thank You.
Best Wishes,
Asma

Quick Reply