The Student Room Group

How do I revise for GCSE Spanish?

How do you revise for Spanish? (or any MFL) because I have tried loads of ways (flashcards etc) but they don't seem to work for me.
Reply 1
hi,
im doing French GCSE this year but i think both are similar, from my experience this year. i say you learn all the vocab from the spec from each of the topics and themes, trust me this will broaden your knowledge and understanding and you can apply this to your speaking, reading and writing, i went from 5s to 8s just from vocab :smile:

for writing you should write example essays from each topic and have a checklist of things you need to include eg complex lang, tenses etc and then do past paper exam questions once you feel comfortable.

also, don't forget to revise speaking !

hope you get the grades you want
Reply 2
I did French gcse 2 years ago now but I thought I’d share lol

Look on your specifications (look for spanish on whatever exam board website) they should have a list of all the key words you need to know this was the main thing I used

Also a small thing but really helps… turn your phone language to spanish, I sound crazy but just seeing little things subconsciously will really help because you’ll already know what it means in English
Reply 3
Original post by Lucyeo
I did French gcse 2 years ago now but I thought I’d share lol

Look on your specifications (look for spanish on whatever exam board website) they should have a list of all the key words you need to know this was the main thing I used

Also a small thing but really helps… turn your phone language to spanish, I sound crazy but just seeing little things subconsciously will really help because you’ll already know what it means in English

what did you get ?
Reply 4
I got a 9 and I was going to do French at alevel but I couldn’t bc my timetable clashed
Hi, I get 9s for Spanish and I’m in y10 I love Spanish here’s what I recommend:

- Dreaming Spanish is an amazing YouTuber. He talks in Spanish but kind of acts out with hand gestures so you will understand what he means.
- Easy Spanish videos are very useful because they are topic specific, they include interviews with natives, so you can also use it to draft writing and speaking.
- Viva textbooks are good to use if you don’t use them already,
- Duolingo.
- Quizlet is good. I know you said you don’t like flash cards but these are the online version it’s a lot more enjoyable.

Podcasts: Duolingo Podcasts(on apple podcasts and Google) and Audio lessons(on the app)
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending