The Student Room Group

edexcel GCSE history

I really want to improve my grade in history but i genuinely don’t know how to or even how to learn the content.. I get 6s in my mocks and i’m on 7s 8s and 9s for all my other subjects can anyone give me some tips on how to at least improve a grade and how to study for it.
Reply 1
erm so for me i was in a similar situation im in year 11 still but i used to get istg like 5s and everything, recently i improved, im no expert lol but for content i used this website-Seneca. if you type in your exam board and the topic you will find loads of questions and content revision which will help bc icl our teachers were rly **** at teaching the content in the textbooks. and do liek exam papers like one every week mayb and learn how to structure each question from yt vids, bc history essays r different than english ones. hope that helps <333
Original post by SH291105
erm so for me i was in a similar situation im in year 11 still but i used to get istg like 5s and everything, recently i improved, im no expert lol but for content i used this website-Seneca. if you type in your exam board and the topic you will find loads of questions and content revision which will help bc icl our teachers were rly **** at teaching the content in the textbooks. and do liek exam papers like one every week mayb and learn how to structure each question from yt vids, bc history essays r different than english ones. hope that helps <333

SAME last year we learnt cold war and our teacher left half way through teaching it and our school isn’t going back to it it’s so annoying man i barely know the content properly I wish there were youtubers who taught it I’ve tried seneca but it isn’t detailed:frown:((((((((
Reply 3
Original post by anonymoussgg
SAME last year we learnt cold war and our teacher left half way through teaching it and our school isn’t going back to it it’s so annoying man i barely know the content properly I wish there were youtubers who taught it I’ve tried seneca but it isn’t detailed:frown:((((((((

fr igy ig just go thru the textbook and read to urself..what textbooks ru doing??
fr igy ig just go thru the textbook and read to urself..what textbooks ru doing??

i’m doing cold war ofc elizabethan history and weimar and nazi germany wby!!
Reply 5
i’m doing cold war ofc elizabethan history and weimar and nazi germany wby!!

ahh the worst textbooks ever my skl so dumb for picking them, henry viii, nazi germany and crime nd punishment..ughh nazi germany is so hard sm content
ahh the worst textbooks ever my skl so dumb for picking them, henry viii, nazi germany and crime nd punishment..ughh nazi germany is so hard sm content

HONESTLY NAZI GERMANY IS THE BIGGEST PAPER TOO SOOOOMUXH CONTENT FFS how’s crime and punishment what do you even learn in that😭😭😭
Reply 7
HONESTLY NAZI GERMANY IS THE BIGGEST PAPER TOO SOOOOMUXH CONTENT FFS how’s crime and punishment what do you even learn in that😭😭😭

no bc literally too much ew lool crime and punishment is so pointless but icl its rly easyy.. hb cold war we were gonna do that but it got cut off this yr
Reply 8
The first thing is to know the content and exam structure off the back of your hand. Having good specific knowledge and being able to lay it out in the correct format is going to pick you up a lot of marks. When doing exam questions make sure your points link with each other and the paragraph flows. Always link back your paragraph to the question asked and make sure what you write is relevant to the question asked and not what you wanted to be asked.
no bc literally too much ew lool crime and punishment is so pointless but icl its rly easyy.. hb cold war we were gonna do that but it got cut off this yr

cold war is soooooo long omds it’s the one i struggle w the most it’s basically like the situation that’s happening w ukraine and russia today icl IMAGINE WE WERE DOING WARFARE IT WASSOOOO BORING OMG IM SO HAPPY WE DROPPED IT
Original post by Skiwi
The first thing is to know the content and exam structure off the back of your hand. Having good specific knowledge and being able to lay it out in the correct format is going to pick you up a lot of marks. When doing exam questions make sure your points link with each other and the paragraph flows. Always link back your paragraph to the question asked and make sure what you write is relevant to the question asked and not what you wanted to be asked.

Okay i’ll practice more with past papers and exam questions thank you so much!!
I really want to improve my grade in history but i genuinely don’t know how to or even how to learn the content.. I get 6s in my mocks and i’m on 7s 8s and 9s for all my other subjects can anyone give me some tips on how to at least improve a grade and how to study for it.

Firstly look where you are losing marks on past papers. Complete some past papers and give them to your teacher to mark - Once you find your weaknesses you have enough time to rectify them. I wish you the best of luck.
Original post by Schotel
Firstly look where you are losing marks on past papers. Complete some past papers and give them to your teacher to mark - Once you find your weaknesses you have enough time to rectify them. I wish you the best of luck.

Definitely will do thank you so much!!!

Quick Reply

Latest