Do you feel the grades you receive this year will be fair?

Watch this thread
Poll: Do you feel the grades you will receive this year will be fair?
Yes (150)
42.25%
No (109)
30.7%
I'm not sure (96)
27.04%
BlinkyBill
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
With Advance Information having now been released, we know a number of you may be in the world of revision already.

It's been another pretty unusual year, on top of a bunch of unusual years. For those of you in Year 11 and 13, these will be the first national exams you will have taken, probably since Year 6. We've seen a lot of mixed feedback about the altered process for exams this year, how you're all feeling about how prepared you are, and ongoing disruptions.

So with everything you've been faced with over the past couple years, how are you feeling about your exams this year?

Do you feel the grade you're awarded will be fair?

If so, what's made you feel confident about it?

If not, what do you think is negatively impacting things?
br0wntownbby
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Year 13 here!! Personally, I do appreciate the advance information and extra steps that have been put in place to help us exam years out. I can only speak for my exam boards, but the advance info doesn't tell us all the topics we will be tested on, just the most weighted ones. So there is still a lot of work we have to put in, and I wouldn't be surprised if the difference between an A and an A* is choosing to revise the entire specification than just following the advanced information.

I do think the grades will be fairer than TAGs and while we have received help from the exam boards, I still do believe we will have to work hard to get the grades we want.

This is just my opinion- please don't bash me
Obolinda
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
do i think the grades i will personally recieve will be fair ? yeh probably. teaching at my scl has been pretty consistent.

i havent even looked at the advanced information cos
a. i cant be bothered
b. i dont know what it practically means to "focus" my revision on a particular topics
4 im not sure what aspect of the non listed topics will be tested on
Last edited by Obolinda; 3 months ago
BlinkyBill
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by br0wntownbby)
Year 13 here!! Personally, I do appreciate the advance information and extra steps that have been put in place to help us exam years out. I can only speak for my exam boards, but the advance info doesn't tell us all the topics we will be tested on, just the most weighted ones. So there is still a lot of work we have to put in, and I wouldn't be surprised if the difference between an A and an A* is choosing to revise the entire specification than just following the advanced information.

I do think the grades will be fairer than TAGs and while we have received help from the exam boards, I still do believe we will have to work hard to get the grades we want.

This is just my opinion- please don't bash me
That's a really interesting perspective on Advance Info - thanks for sharing it.

So are you using the Advance Info or just cracking on with your revision as normal?

(Original post by Obolinda)
do i think the grades i will personally recieve will be fair ? yeh probably. teaching at y scl has been pretty consistent.

i havent even looked at the advanced information cos
a. i cant be bothered
b. i dont know what it practically means to "focus" my revision on a particular topics
4 im not sure what aspect of the non listed topics will be tested on
I'm glad the teaching you've had has been pretty consistent.

Out of interest, do you think a lot of other students are feeling the same as you about AI?
br0wntownbby
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by BlinkyBill)
That's a really interesting perspective on Advance Info - thanks for sharing it.

So are you using the Advance Info or just cracking on with your revision as normal?
I'm still making sure that I know everything (regardless of whether it is on the Advanced Info list or not) but there is an emphasis to make sure I know everything on the AI list 1
Obolinda
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by BlinkyBill)

I'm glad the teaching you've had has been pretty consistent.

Out of interest, do you think a lot of other students are feeling the same as you about AI?
I'm not sure
but that is the general sentiment I've seen offline and online (at scl)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (38)
26.21%
As I expected (47)
32.41%
Harder (53)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.83%

Watched Threads