shahinaadam
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hello all
I want to apply for QTS through ScITT rout for secondary level maths. What type of subject test they take in the interview. what is the level of difficulty? I am confident in KS3 but blank in KS4 since i studied it long back. Please if anybody can put some light on it.highly appreciate
Last edited by shahinaadam; 5 months ago
Get into Teaching
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
Hello shahinaadam

The interviews for Teacher Training courses differ with each individual provider. Not all will expect you to take a subject based test, however, they will expect you to have sufficient literacy and numeracy skills. It's possible you'd need to teach a class at a SCITT interview, or deliver a presentation.

It would be helpful for you to review the KS4 curriculum, as you are likely to be asked to complete a skills audit. BBC GCSE Bitesize can help you with this.

For bespoke support with your interviews, register for an adviser here.

All the best, Jane
bluebeetle
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by shahinaadam)
Hello all
I want to apply for QTS through ScITT rout for secondary level maths. What type of subject test they take in the interview. what is the level of difficulty? I am confident in KS3 but blank in KS4 since i studied it long back. Please if anybody can put some light on it.highly appreciate
I did two interviews back when I applied for training. At the first, there was a written maths assessment - the topics were all what I would consider relatively high-level KS4 topics. In the second, there was no written maths assessment, but they did ask me about a mixture of KS3 and KS4 topics in the interview.

It's certainly worth brushing up on your KS4 maths a bit, as you will have to do so anyway in preparation for teaching! Perhaps just do a couple of GCSE papers?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (40)
28.99%
Take a gap year (22)
15.94%
Resit my exams (37)
26.81%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (18)
13.04%
I don't know yet (15)
10.87%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.35%

Watched Threads