The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham

Nottingham Uni accommodation

Hello, just wondering which of the catered halls on Nottingham's University Park campus have bars and cafes in them? Is it a more sociable environment to try and get a hall that has a cafe and bar in it rather than have to walk to another hall, or does it not matter? Hoping to secure a very sociable environment when applying for catered hall. TIA.
Hiya, I'm not sure which ones exactly do have a bar/cafe but I know most do and the specifics are on the website! For a sociable environment I would defo recommend Cripps! It's the most social hall, biggest, has a bar and is most central!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Original post by bloomfieldtj
Hello, just wondering which of the catered halls on Nottingham's University Park campus have bars and cafes in them? Is it a more sociable environment to try and get a hall that has a cafe and bar in it rather than have to walk to another hall, or does it not matter? Hoping to secure a very sociable environment when applying for catered hall. TIA.

Hi!

The halls that have cafes, bars and restaurants are:
- Cavendish (cafe)
- Cripps (restaurant)
- Derby (bar)
- Hugh Stewart (bar)
- Rutland Hall (restaurant)
- Willoughby (bar)

I wouldn't say it matters whether you pick a hall that has a cafe and bar in it as you'd see that most people who go to these places are not residents of these halls. The halls are quite close together as they're all on the same campus, so a 5-10 min walk to another hall to visit a bar with friends isn't too bad.

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest