The Student Room Group

Missed ucas deadline nursing

Without realising I have missed the deadline to apply for nursing. I have been told I can still apply however I no longer have a fair chance of getting in as I missed the deadline.

Has anyone ever missed the deadline for a similar course and still got in? I completed my ucas application last week however I am still waiting for my old school teachers to say whether they'll be my reference or not
Reply 1
I doubt it will matter much, if the course is full, seeing as you’ll most likely be reviewed last, that’s what would negatively affect your chances.
Reply 2
Original post by Schotel
I doubt it will matter much, if the course is full, seeing as you’ll most likely be reviewed last, that’s what would negatively affect your chances.

I'm hoping I have a chance. I don't want to go to any other university except the one I have applied for and if I don't go this year I would have been on a third gap year
Original post by Misszeus
I'm hoping I have a chance. I don't want to go to any other university except the one I have applied for and if I don't go this year I would have been on a third gap year

Unfortunately it's no one elses fault other than your own :frown:

You have the smallest of chances through clearing though but please don't get your hopes up.
Reply 4
I’m sure you’ll be fine! :smile:
Some Unis will still be accepting applications - last year Anglia Ruskin and Bournemouth were still open this late - give them a call.
Reply 6
Original post by TriplexA
Unfortunately it's no one elses fault other than your own :frown:

You have the smallest of chances through clearing though but please don't get your hopes up.

Of course, tbh I've been in and out of hospital having surgeries so i didn't even think to imagine about the deadline. Hopefully something will work out
Reply 7
Original post by McGinger
Some Unis will still be accepting applications - last year Anglia Ruskin and Bournemouth were still open this late - give them a call.

I hope so. Thank you
By any chance do you know if I can put my head teacher down as a referee before she emails back to me?

She gave me a reference last year but I didn't get to go to uni due to being in hospital. I don't make how long she'll take to respond and I am starting to panic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending