The Student Room Group

UK medical school or Irish medical school

I’m a non-EU applicant who applied to uk med schools along with some Irish med schools. After researching into all courses I ended up really liking Irish med schools. however, I’m aware that as a non-EU it will be extremely difficult to get an internship in Ireland even if I were to graduate from a Irish med school. So I’m aware that if I were to go to Irish med school I would have to move back or go to other country for training. So i was wondering if anyone could share what they think:
1) should I go to the uk med school? As I can take the ukmla in my final year and get into fy1
2) should I go to Irish med school, try internship there and if it doesn’t work take the ukmla and go to uk or maybe other country
Original post by Macaroni227
I’m a non-EU applicant who applied to uk med schools along with some Irish med schools. After researching into all courses I ended up really liking Irish med schools. however, I’m aware that as a non-EU it will be extremely difficult to get an internship in Ireland even if I were to graduate from a Irish med school. So I’m aware that if I were to go to Irish med school I would have to move back or go to other country for training. So i was wondering if anyone could share what they think:
1) should I go to the uk med school? As I can take the ukmla in my final year and get into fy1
2) should I go to Irish med school, try internship there and if it doesn’t work take the ukmla and go to uk or maybe other country

I think you should go for 2nd option. If you really liked Irish med school then you should go for it, cause even if you can’t do internship you will have many other options to do in UK or other countries which recognise Irish medic qualification I guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending