The Student Room Group

a level chemistry 2022

do you think id be fine if I revise the topic list throughly, giving thought I'm only going for a B
Reply 1
I assume you mean the advanced info. It does say at the bottom that other topics may appear as "lower tariff questions", which my teachers interpreted as meaning 1-2 mark questions. So if you're happy to miss out on the 1-2 mark questions, do so at your own peril. I'd be wary of this though considering the multiple choice questions are all "low tariff"/1 mark despite still needing the same amount of working out as 4-5 mark questions sometimes.
Reply 2
Original post by gingur
I assume you mean the advanced info. It does say at the bottom that other topics may appear as "lower tariff questions", which my teachers interpreted as meaning 1-2 mark questions. So if you're happy to miss out on the 1-2 mark questions, do so at your own peril. I'd be wary of this though considering the multiple choice questions are all "low tariff"/1 mark despite still needing the same amount of working out as 4-5 mark questions some

another question do mpq appear in all 3 papers?
Reply 3
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/as-and-a-level/chemistry-7404-7405/specification-at-a-glance

Assuming you're on AQA, this has a table that breaks it down. Only paper 3 has a section that is dedicated to multiple choice, but there will probably be a few scattered throughout the rest as lone 1 mark questions.

If you're not on AQA go look at your spec lmao
Anyone know any good websites that have got questions by topic? PMT just has old spec questions and some are irrelevant and SME is useless for similar reasons
Reply 5
Original post by gingur
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/as-and-a-level/chemistry-7404-7405/specification-at-a-glance

Assuming you're on AQA, this has a table that breaks it down. Only paper 3 has a section that is dedicated to multiple choice, but there will probably be a few scattered throughout the rest as lone 1 mark questions.

If you're not on AQA go look at your spec lmao

nah im doing ocr theres like 15 marks for mcq, its so annoying
Reply 6
Original post by mollyspence
Anyone know any good websites that have got questions by topic? PMT just has old spec questions and some are irrelevant and SME is useless for similar reasons

if you're doing ocr, use chemhume, it doesn't have many questions but the content is summarised there.

Quick Reply

Latest