The Student Room Group

The Batman coming out on March 4th, who is looking forward to it?

Yes, yes I am.
Reply 1
Me might be going to see it next week! Got good reviews as so far
Original post by SMEGGGY
Me might be going to see it next week! Got good reviews as so far

I haven't been hyped up for a film since watching the trailer for this one, hopefully it lives up to the expectations. I mean judging by the cast they've gone for, it should be a good movie. Enjoy the movie whenever you go to watch it!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Leslie Knope
I haven't been hyped up for a film since watching the trailer for this one, hopefully it lives up to the expectations. I mean judging by the cast they've gone for, it should be a good movie. Enjoy the movie whenever you go to watch it!

Cheers

They compared it to Se7en which is one of my favourite films. Dark!
Original post by SMEGGGY
They compared it to Se7en which is one of my favourite films. Dark!

Se7en is an awesome movie!

I really like Batman films, dunno if this one will be as good as the Dark Knight, but hoping so. :biggrin:
Reply 5
Really excited and I have been for months since the very first trailer dropped. Reviews are saying it's the best Batman film since The Dark Knight - IMO there's no higher praise possible for a new version of Batman.
Watched the film last Friday.

I appreciate that Reeves gave Batman (or Bruce Wayne) a new image as an insecure, vulnerable and depressive anti-hero who had to solve Riddler's crime by using his mind rather than using his fighting skills. I liked the film. However I think this Batman is a matter of personal taste.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Kallisto
Watched the film last Friday.

I appreciate that Reeves gave Batman (or Bruce Wayne) a new image as an insecure, vulnerable and depressive anti-hero who had to solve Riddler's crime by using his mind rather than using his fighting skills. I liked the film. However I think this Batman is a matter of personal taste.

Fml I haven't even watched it yet, but the reviews going around are ravingggg. Robert Pattinson one of the best in business? I feel as if he always has been, but before Batman I actually think that people underrated him, quite heavily.
Original post by Leslie Knope
Fml I haven't even watched it yet, but the reviews going around are ravingggg. Robert Pattinson one of the best in business? I feel as if he always has been, but before Batman I actually think that people underrated him, quite heavily.

That is the prejudice that arised when people got a certain picture about the actors they connect with the roles they played. In my opinion Pattinson gave Batman and Bruce Wayne the subtle deepness of his personality. His acting was great!
That is the prejudice that arised when people got a certain picture about the actors they connect with the roles they played. In my opinion Pattinson gave Batman and Bruce Wayne the subtle deepness of his personality. His acting was great!

Yessir! I don't think you could have put it into better words. I mean, he can't be worse than Ben Afflek? Let me not say much about that fella.
I appreciate that Reeves gave Batman (or Bruce Wayne) a new image as an insecure, vulnerable and depressive anti-hero who had to solve Riddler's crime by using his mind rather than using his fighting skills.

I really liked that too. It made the character feel more human, which a lot of superhero movies fail to do. Robert Pattinson was very, very good.

It's definitely not for everyone, though. This feels like more of a detective/mystery movie than the conventional Batman movie that fans are used to.
Worth seeing at the cinema or just wait the 30 days for HBO? :beard:
Original post by Sabertooth
Worth seeing at the cinema or just wait the 30 days for HBO? :beard:

Watch it and make your own experiences. The longer you wait, the more you regret it. The noir atmosphere has a great magnitude in the cinema!
Watch it and make your own experiences. The longer you wait, the more you regret it. The noir atmosphere has a great magnitude in the cinema!

I agree! I watched it last night and thinking about it, it was too black to see well on my home TV so I'm glad I went to the cinema.

Pretty good movie but I still prefer the Dark Knight. The Batman actor just seemed a bit emo and I didn't connect with him well.
Original post by Sabertooth
I agree! I watched it last night and thinking about it, it was too black to see well on my home TV so I'm glad I went to the cinema.

Pretty good movie but I still prefer the Dark Knight. The Batman actor just seemed a bit emo and I didn't connect with him well.

I think the same. Good film with an amazing dark atmosphere and Pattinson as Batman is a matter of taste, I personally liked that he portrayed another character trait of the Dark Knight and that the film gave the spectators a new perspective.
(No spoilers here).

I finally watched it yesterday. Found it a bit slow for the first 30-40 minutes but after that it was really enjoyable. Overall a great movie with a solid cast and some great acting. Comes close to The Dark Knight but not quite as good as that. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's the best Batman movie ever made like the critics were saying, because Batman Begins and Dark Knight are still my favourites. But I liked what they did with the story, turning it into a murder mystery, police procedural, detective story etc. Definitely a much darker Batman (figuratively and literally) with very few scenes taking place during the day, and a really broken Bruce Wayne. The line "I don't care what happens to me" tells you it's a man with a death wish, which we've never seen in a Batman movie before. Paul Dano as The Riddler is an excellent villain, and Colin Farrell as Penguin was great too.

I'd give it 8/10.

Quick Reply

Latest