The Student Room Group

Is 2 months revision good enough for AS-Level exams?

Hi everyone! I'm currently in Year 12 studying Chemistry, Biology, Psychology and English Literature.

I've got 11 weeks from today to revise for 8 upcoming exams. The stress is kind of starting to get to me since I feel like I've fallen behind a bit in terms of making good notes for all my subjects and organising them.

Basically what I want to ask is am I in a decent position to catch up in time to achieve at least AABB grades? Would it be better to drop either English Literature or Psychology to focus more on the sciences? (even though I'm still not really sure what career path I want to go down so I don't want to close my doors immediately.) Is anyone else in my same position?

I know this might be a silly question to ask and nobody can really predict your grades or end performance, but I just need a small bit reassurance to motivate me and get me back on track. These past few years have been tough and having only sat 1 real GCSE exam for English Literature makes these big A-Level exams look kind of daunting.
Reply 1
Original post by quartz_quadrant
Hi everyone! I'm currently in Year 12 studying Chemistry, Biology, Psychology and English Literature.

I've got 11 weeks from today to revise for 8 upcoming exams. The stress is kind of starting to get to me since I feel like I've fallen behind a bit in terms of making good notes for all my subjects and organising them.

Basically what I want to ask is am I in a decent position to catch up in time to achieve at least AABB grades? Would it be better to drop either English Literature or Psychology to focus more on the sciences? (even though I'm still not really sure what career path I want to go down so I don't want to close my doors immediately.) Is anyone else in my same position?

I know this might be a silly question to ask and nobody can really predict your grades or end performance, but I just need a small bit reassurance to motivate me and get me back on track. These past few years have been tough and having only sat 1 real GCSE exam for English Literature makes these big A-Level exams look kind of daunting.

Yes 2 months is definitely fine for AS exams.
It depends on how effective your revision is, not how long you have. Try and research some revision techniques online (there’s some good YouTube videos about effective revision). With effective revision e.g. doing lots of practice questions, spaced repetition, cognitive scaffolding, etc you can probably get all A’s or A*s within 2 months of revision. Don’t stress about it, take action.

Quick Reply

Latest