The Student Room Group

University selection

I have offer from University of Surrey and Sussex for MSc Data Science. I liked the course content of Surrey while Sussex is good but lacks few modules that I am looking.
I am little confused in finalizing the university as the world ranking for Sussex is better than Surrey
Which is the good university and has a better reputation overall in UK?
Reply 1
I’d suggest you look at the league tables online.
Original post by sharayu29
I have offer from University of Surrey and Sussex for MSc Data Science. I liked the course content of Surrey while Sussex is good but lacks few modules that I am looking.
I am little confused in finalizing the university as the world ranking for Sussex is better than Surrey
Which is the good university and has a better reputation overall in UK?

Hi there,

To introduce myself I’m Joao. In my final year studying BSc Economics at Surrey University, I am working as a Campus Ambassador for JP Morgan. I recently finished my one-year industrial placement as an Economist for the British Government’s Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra). I also had the opportunity to work as a Private Secretary to the Minister of Environment and Biosecurity.

Our Data Science MSc will prepare you for a career as a data scientist, data analyst, data engineer, data architect or business analyst. This programme uniquely addresses the fundamentals of data and the technical considerations needed to handle data with increasing scale and complexity. This course combines an in-depth study of the theory and practice of data science with an optional year-long work placement, where you’ll get the chance to apply your knowledge to industry-relevant challenges. A placement also allows you to discover the business value of data-oriented research and development.

You’ll acquire a solid technical understanding of data science principles and practices, machine learning and data mining, practical business analytics, database systems and cloud computing. You can also customise this MSc with optional modules in information security, sensors and advanced artificial intelligence. Finally, you’ll complete a dissertation where you can further explore an area that interests you. Our dissertation projects involve topical real-world problems, often linked to cutting-edge research.

If you have any questions about Surrey or uni life in general, please ask as I help you out. :smile:

Joao
Economics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending