What do sore muscles mean...(silly qu! ) Watch

This discussion is closed.
soilman
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
After going back to the gym, after a lengthy break (injury and xmas) - I notice slight pain or the muscles id been using during my gym session. Is this them just growing, or because I haven't used them for a while?

Im guessing the pain would eventually go away if I was proper fit and trained a sensible amount?

Cheers sum1!
Bilal
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sm0273)
After going back to the gym, after a lengthy break (injury and xmas) - I notice slight pain or the muscles id been using during my gym session. Is this them just growing, or because I haven't used them for a while?

Im guessing the pain would eventually go away if I was proper fit and trained a sensible amount?

Cheers sum1!
It's probably cramp. You haven't been stretching properly... tut tut. :rolleyes:
Kerry41
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Bilal786)
It's probably cramp. You haven't been stretching properly... tut tut. :rolleyes:
right...iv experienced a bit :creep:
soilman
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kerry41)
right...iv experienced a bit :creep:
Not sure of that, its more like a slight ache - although I dont really stretch much lol. So no one gets this feeling after doing too much work? Proper cramp kills, this is only when muscles are used I think :rolleyes:
mangomaz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
its probably just ur legs are recovering. its always like that after u dont do any exercise for ages and then suddenly give ur muscles a heavy session.
i quite like this kind of achy pain, makes u feel as tho uv had a proper workout lol.
soilman
Rep:
?
(Original post by mangomaz)
its probably just ur legs are recovering. its always like that after u dont do any exercise for ages and then suddenly give ur muscles a heavy session.
i quite like this kind of achy pain, makes u feel as tho uv had a proper workout lol.
cheers, i quite like it too, it isnt too sore though. got it @ my pecks at the moment, always lasts for a few days mind you.

does this go away anyone after alot of excersise?
Mad_Monkey59
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Its damage to the muscle fibres and an overloaded central nervous system... remember what it was like the first time you went... don't worry it will pass.
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I would say it's your muscles recovering after a workout, but that usually takes about 2-4 days depending on muscle size, so if it was before xmas it probably isn't recovery.

perhaps you strained something or did some proper damage to the muscle which is taking longer to heal. have you been feeling it for a long time now or just recently?

have you done any similar exercises at the gym recently?
soilman
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
Its damage to the muscle fibres and an overloaded central nervous system... remember what it was like the first time you went... don't worry it will pass.
LMAO I know it will pass - but does that mean I have done too much or was it because I didnt stretch :eek:

Ive done myself damage by going to gym
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It is the recovery from the damage caused while doing weights etc that actually leads to increased muscle bulk.
soilman
Rep:
?
(Original post by mik1w)
I would say it's your muscles recovering after a workout, but that usually takes about 2-4 days depending on muscle size, so if it was before xmas it probably isn't recovery.

perhaps you strained something or did some proper damage to the muscle which is taking longer to heal. have you been feeling it for a long time now or just recently?

have you done any similar exercises at the gym recently?
Nope, few days ago was the first id been for over a month,needed to de-stress! And I havent been working my peck muscles much I doubt before this. I do reckon it is just a recovery though, but didn't know it was damage!

Pain has just come after gym so I know thats what it was.Are there any regular gym goers on TSR :rolleyes: (i doubt it!) that never get any pains/slight aches after a workout?

S.
soilman
Rep:
?
(Original post by visesh)
It is the recovery from the damage caused while doing weights etc that actually leads to increased muscle bulk.
so it is thus normal? :confused:
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
so it is thus normal? :confused:
"no pain, no gain"
Mad_Monkey59
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yes, thankyou, but thats called hypertrophy and its different DOMS which is what this guy is suffering from, due to an overloaded CNS amongst other things.

What i meant SM was that your not injured or anything, it happens, and its totally natural, and there is nothing you could have done about it.
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yes, thankyou, but thats called hypertrophy and its different DOMS which is what this guy is suffering from, due to an overloaded CNS amongst other things.

What i meant SM was that your not injured or anything, it happens, and its totally natural, and there is nothing you could have done about it.
Ah fair enough (didn't see your earlier post)
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeah I go 3 times a week
I always get aches after a workout but that's normally the muscle rebuilding and it only lasts 2 days (Ive just started recently so Im small)
soilman
Rep:
?

I am aware of this was it has happened before, when I went alot @ uni gym last term, didnt go away though, although I quite like the ache ---> im all that is man lol.

"no pain, no gain"
are you a politician? :rolleyes:
Mad_Monkey59
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I am aware of this was it has happened before, when I went alot @ uni gym last term, didnt go away though, although I quite like the ache ---> im all that is man lol.
Sounds strange, but I know exactly what you mean, it gets addictive.
soilman
Rep:
?
(Original post by mik1w)
yeah I go 3 times a week
I always get aches after a workout but that's normally the muscle rebuilding and it only lasts 2 days (Ive just started recently so Im small)

ur cool ! im thinking of going now...or sit in my room..hmm! lol.

how long u take to row 2000m? my pb is 4:40
soilman
Rep:
?
Sounds strange, but I know exactly what you mean, it gets addictive.
Ooops, i mean it does go away, slightly. But as soon as that happens im ready to go and pump some more iron and bring that pain back! What sounds strange? I think people who are addicted to the gym love the feeling when u leave, as if you could lift your house up...all pumped up, adrenaline etc.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.94%
It's just nice to be back! (212)
26.97%
Not great so far... (281)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.34%

Watched Threads