The Student Room Group

Advanced Highers for Medicine

Hi, for applying to A100 2023 Entry does anyone know the requirements for Advanced Highers you must take to do Medicine, I have heard lot's of Different things.
Thanks.
Wouldn't have a clue m8 to be honest sorry
Depends what univeristy. You can check on their website.
Usually it's 5 highers + AH in biology and chemistry
Check university websites but from what I have heard most uni's don't really care that much as along as you have a sufficient and rigorous time table of at least 3 subjects in S6 (Adv H or mix with highers)

Most people will take Adv H chem and bio or at least one of them along with another adv H and mix it with 1 or 2 highers or even a third AH.

You're best bets are to take chem and bio as practially everyone will take this and they will provide you with a solid base before going to med school and you'll have to learn this stuff at some point. It's better to learn at school with guidance than on your own at uni.

And you can either take another advanced higher along with bio and chem or crash a higher.

I have picked AH chem bio & history. Ik people who did Ah bio chem and crashed a higher and ik people who did 4 AHs just do what workd best for u!
Depends on the medical school you're applying to. I'm assuming that you need advanced highers in chemistry and biology.
@ecolier and @GANFYD might know more about specific requirements.
why can't I tag
that was weird, the list of users after @ showed up for everyone except for users starting with e for some reason
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Pukeflow17
Wouldn't have a clue m8 to be honest sorry

r8 the honesty m8
Reply 7
Original post by snowlessmountain
Hi, for applying to A100 2023 Entry does anyone know the requirements for Advanced Highers you must take to do Medicine, I have heard lot's of Different things.
Thanks.

As pointed out, depends where you are applying, so check med school websites carefully.
English unis do not understand Scottish qualifications, so do often put subject requirements in advanced highers (usually to include chem and/or bio). I don't think any of the Scottish med schools care what your AHs are in.

Quick Reply

Latest