The Student Room Group

Do men actually fall in love?

I know this is a stupid question but I just can't imagine men falling in love with someone and not just wanting sex. I only ever see women talking about someone they like very intensely and being head over heels for a guy.

Scroll to see replies

Of course they can. It seems like you have only ever encountered f*ckboys. Every single man isn't a sex-crazed maniac whose d*ck rises when they are within 5 feet of a woman. Some only want sex, some are looking for someone to genuinely love. I hate this social stigma that men are the only ones who want sex, there are women who are also just like this.
Original post by Anonymous
I know this is a stupid question but I just can't imagine men falling in love with someone and not just wanting sex. I only ever see women talking about someone they like very intensely and being head over heels for a guy.

Wtf lol. Ofc there r, many of em. 1 thing tho is that the nice guys get overlooked bc they ain't perfect looking and girls go for f*ckboys coz they look good. All men want sex but there r some that r looking for more than that. A meaningful, loving relationship. Ik I am. I'm a hopeless romantic unfortunately
Reply 3
Yes.
Reply 4
Original post by VanVan12
Of course they can. It seems like you have only ever encountered f*ckboys. Every single man isn't a sex-crazed maniac whose d*ck rises when they are within 5 feet of a woman. Some only want sex, some are looking for someone to genuinely love. I hate this social stigma that men are the only ones who want sex, there are women who are also just like this.

I just never see or hear men talking intensely about someone they like. It's always "yeah she's hot and we get along very well" and women speak about the person they like so highly and can talk so long about what they like In their man. I just don't see it when it comes to men.
I just never see or hear men talking intensely about someone they like. It's always "yeah she's hot and we get along very well" and women speak about the person they like so highly and can talk so long about what they like In their man. I just don't see it when it comes to men.

Men don't talk like that. Just how it is. Don't mean they don't love her the same she does w them. Uno. It's all about privacy. I don't want man thinking I'm wet or something but I'd say the things to my gyal
Men don't talk like that. Just how it is. Don't mean they don't love her the same she does w them. Uno. It's all about privacy. I don't want man thinking I'm wet or something but I'd say the things to my gyal

😂.
Reply 7

Well it just shows how much the girl loves him since she's not afraid to let everyone know.
Reply 8
Makes me piss when blokes say thngs like 'I don't want the lads thinking I am...'

I couldn't give a shite what 'the lads' think and I pity those that do.
Reply 9
Original post by gjd800
Makes me piss when blokes say thngs like 'I don't want the lads thinking I am...'

I couldn't give a shite what 'the lads' think and I pity those that do.

I completely agree. Some people genuinely just live for other people's approval and validation. If someone genuinely loves someone or something, they shouldn't care what others have to say about it and just be proud of it.
Well it just shows how much the girl loves him since she's not afraid to let everyone know.

No u got it wrong. Men don't talk like that. They don't talk bout their feelings and that. I would obviously say I like my gyal but I wouldn't get all sappy about it (like girls do) bc that's jus weird for a dude to do. I would express my love for her to her and around my friends but maybe not so explicitly
we never fall in love, only over love
Original post by zuluwarrior7650
we never fall in love, only over love

And what does that mean?
Most guys do not talk about feelings with their male friends that doesn't mean we don't love. And anyway, words are cheap, who cares what people say? actions speak louder than words and all that
And what does that mean?

We make mistakes all the time, that's why we *fall over* love

They exist. Even men wish for partners who share their lives. I think that you are negatively influenced by a stereotype.
Usually with girls/women who are over 5ft 8
It's difficult for men to fall in love with lilliputian girls.

Ignore the people telling you men fall in love or have feelings. This is fake news. They’re all robots
Original post by Lucifer323
Usually with girls/women who are over 5ft 8
It's difficult for men to fall in love with lilliputian girls.

that is such an odd thing to say?
Original post by JustSomeGuyYKnow
that is such an odd thing to say?

No, I don't think so. Most men want a well-shaped, good looking, athletic and relatively tall woman. To fall in love with...
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending