Car got broken into. Ggggggggrrrrrrrr I'm so ANNOYED! Watch

This discussion is closed.
fordeletionpurposesonly.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Whilst in the gym for an hour and a half today, my car was broken into and the radio stolen. This being despite the fact that I never leave the front of the radio on, I always put it in the doorwell bit. Some ****stain rumaged around in my glove box too by the looks of it to try and find the front

The ******** have bodged up my central locking, because they've scredrivered the lock on the passenger side and forced the door open (not to mention scratching up the paint work). I now can't shut the passenger side door and therefore can't lock my car at all. :mad:

I go back into the leisure center and tell them what's happened, they take my details and go check the cctv cameras, which convieniently sweep the car park and don't stay fixed on one spot. Hence, nothing was found on the tapes. They call the local police station for me, where once I've been on hold for 10 minutes, they take my details and then tell me "Oh, hang on - there's no-one here at the moment, can you call 999?" - I thought she was having a laugh, but no, apparently she wanted me to call 999 to report my car being broken into. So I do. I call 999, ask for the Police and explain to the person who answers (Scotland Yard!) that I was told to ring because the local police station was empty of policeman. He thought I was joking and had a go at me for wasting police time, which I agree I was but hey I was told to ring them! Eventually he told me that there was nothing he could do, apart from send a report to my local police station.

I ring another local police station, and they tell me that if I wanted, they could send some fingerprint people down within an hour. I said yes, they told me to wait by, but not in, my car. Bearing in mind I only had a t-shirt and trackies on 'cause I'd been in the gym, I ended up wearing my towel round my neck and sitting in a stairwell outside trying not to get hypothermia and fend off ****ty little parking wardens who were trying to give me a parking ticket because my time had run out! One didn't believe that I couldn't move my car cause it'd been broken into until I showed her the lock hanging off! :mad:

Three hours letter, I came home after no-one turned up whatsoever. All the numbers I was given put you on hold and no-one gets back to you. I drove home with the passenger door held in by string.

I'm SO ****** off. The ******* ****** system of being told to ring 999 really ****** me off. No wonder they're whinging about the number of pointless calls being made to 999, but when people are TOLD to ring them by their local ****** police station, what can be done?! :mad: :mad:

. Now all the numbers I was given are closed :mad: -they just ring and ring and ring. I don't know what I'm going to do.

I knew I should have cycled to the gym. :mad:
python05
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
"Always look on the bright side of life"
fordeletionpurposesonly.
Rep:
?
(Original post by jmz635)
"Always look on the bright side of life"
Where's the piing bright side to this situation, smart are?

I've gotta pay for my car central locking to fixed entirely and whilst it's being fixed I'm not going to have my car. I've got to pay for a new radio and get it fitted. There's not a chance in hell the baards are going to get caught, and the system of reporting crime in this country is so back - to - front and worried about red tape that nothing gets done.
python05
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I meant think of something happy and try to not let it get you down..
Blackmarket Boy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm really sorry though the leisure centre can also be aprtly to blame for attracting these types and not even having the security to deal with it. how can no1 see someone breaking into a car like that?
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by red665)
Where's the piing bright side to this situation, smart are?

I've gotta pay for my car central locking to fixed entirely and whilst it's being fixed I'm not going to have my car. I've got to pay for a new radio and get it fitted. There's not a chance in hell the baards are going to get caught, and the system of reporting crime in this country is so back - to - front and worried about red tape that nothing gets done.
I had a similar situation with my car about six months ago.. I was parked behind work and somebody decided to bash my drivers door completely in - £400 out of pocket after that. :mad:
Sam_B
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
thats awful. what kind of car was it??

the uk should have the belgian system. there are the "police" who apparently are the primary policing force (most are too lazy to do anything) and then we have the other police who are the best of the best. you phone them and they are there in like 5 mins!!
fordeletionpurposesonly.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blackmarket Boy)
I'm really sorry though the leisure centre can also be aprtly to blame for attracting these types and not even having the security to deal with it. how can no1 see someone breaking into a car like that?
Mmm, I know. It could only have happened between 1 and 2.30pm, hardly the middle of the day.

Urgh. I just feel so annoyed! I'm going to fit an alarm to my car so that it hacks off anyone's legs if they try and break into it. :mad:
python05
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Mmm, I know. It could only have happened between 1 and 2.30pm, hardly the middle of the day.

Urgh. I just feel so annoyed! I'm going to fit an alarm to my car so that it hacks off anyone's legs if they try and break into it. :mad:
Or you can get one like in Saudi Arabia. It flames and burns their legs! :cool:
fordeletionpurposesonly.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sam_B)
thats awful. what kind of car was it??

the uk should have the belgian system. there are the "police" who apparently are the primary policing force (most are too lazy to do anything) and then we have the other police who are the best of the best. you phone them and they are there in like 5 mins!!
It's a VW Golf. Nothing amazing!

That sounds like a good system actually! Where I got through to in Scotland Yard sounded like the filing department - apparently, all they do now is send reports to your local police station! what's the point in that?! why bother having 999 if that's what they're gonna do?! you'd love that wouldn't you, if your house is being broken into, or your being chased down the street by some mad axe man, and the police you get through to tell you that they'll send a report to your local station!!!
fordeletionpurposesonly.
Rep:
?
That sounds like just the sort of thing I want! I might fix up both, so it flames and burns up their legs and then hacks them off.

Grrr, just how DARE someone come along and break into your property in broad daylight?! how cocky do you have to be to expect to get away with it?

..........afterthought - then again, the policing in this country is so pi poor that they probably know a patrol car wouldn't be near the scene for a good few hours afterwards - that's if they bother to turn up at all!! :mad: :mad:
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Actually, that's in South Africa (Jo'burg).

I am sorry to hear about your car red, hope you catch the ******s involved!
MorbidAngel
Badges: 11
Report 14 years ago
That sounds like just the sort of thing I want! I might fix up both, so it flames and burns up their legs and then hacks them off.

Grrr, just how DARE someone come along and break into your property in broad daylight?! how cocky do you have to be to expect to get away with it?

..........afterthought - then again, the policing in this country is so pi poor that they probably know a patrol car wouldn't be near the scene for a good few hours afterwards - that's if they bother to turn up at all!! :mad: :mad:
call 999 and say there breaking into the car as you speak. theyll come straight away and then something will get done about it. bit late for that now tho
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by andrew2022)
call 999 and say there breaking into the car as you speak. theyll come straight away and then something will get done about it. bit late for that now tho
But that's lying and would totally skew their investigation.
MorbidAngel
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
if its just hapened, thats the best thing to do. the theif had then just ran away seconds b4 they arrived. at least something gets done about it
fordeletionpurposesonly.
Rep:
?
(Original post by blissy)
I hate to, but I do agree. Much as I'd feel good that something is being done straight away, there'd be a bit of me that felt incredibly guilty.

Then again, I'm typing this sitting in my room with about 4 jumpers on and a blanket wrapped round me. If someone had suggested that to me whilst I was sitting on the kerb by my car feeling so cold that I was actually counting to 10 in german to stop myself from falling asleep, then I probably would have done it.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My dads had is car broken into once, they stole a mobile phone worth £10 at the most it was an old Motorola Brick which was about 4 years old at the time. The police came round but I don't think they ever caught them. Luckily we have insurance for smashed windows so we had to pay the first £50 and replace the phone. It was very annoying more than anything else.
fordeletionpurposesonly.
Rep:
?
(Original post by andrew2022)
if its just hapened, thats the best thing to do. the theif had then just ran away seconds b4 they arrived. at least something gets done about it
Damn. I should've done that!

Now, as it stands I have a car on my driveway that is unlocked and just waiting for some other little ******* gob***** to come along and vandalise it more, whilst I have no idea what's going on with the police because I can't get through on any of the phone numbers I have.

MorbidAngel
Report 14 years ago
I hate to, but I do agree. Much as I'd feel good that something is being done straight away, there'd be a bit of me that felt incredibly guilty.

Then again, I'm typing this sitting in my room with about 4 jumpers on and a blanket wrapped round me. If someone had suggested that to me whilst I was sitting on the kerb by my car feeling so cold that I was actually counting to 10 in german to stop myself from falling asleep, then I probably would have done it.
a few month ago whilst at work there were 2 of us sittin in reception and 2 ppl were acting suspicious around a car. we knew it wasnt their car because it was the other person who i was on shift with and the other car belonged to someone who we knew and were in the building. so andy went to look and called the polce. they were there in less than 3 mins, but still to late 2 catch them (but since andy had went out they ran off)
MorbidAngel
Report 14 years ago

Now, as it stands I have a car on my driveway that is unlocked and just waiting for some other little piing gobshte to come along and vandalise it more, whilst I have no idea what's going on with the police because I can't get through on any of the phone numbers I have.

phone them and ask whats happenin about it any y no1 came to you. u pay their wages, the should at least get off their arse and do something
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (115)
17.8%
It's just nice to be back! (177)
27.4%
Not great so far... (229)
35.45%
I want to drop out! (125)
19.35%

Watched Threads