How do you increase your writing speed?

Watch this thread
dooby_boss
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
for any of the fast writers here, how were you able to increase your writing speed and cope with time limits
rose.clm
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
practise writing essays etc. under timed conditions similar to what it would be like in an exam. also, asking teachers to read over these and say what could be cut out without taking away from the meaning can be helpful if you aren't able to write faster
penguingirl18
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Do you mean essay-writing or handwriting? The more essays you write, the easier the structure and phrases will come to you. Handwriting just needs practice; writing in cursive is a bit faster for some people.
NikkiMD
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Write often. It doesn't just have to be for school, just write things down. Letters to yourself, made up scenarios etc. I'm a really fast writer and it's because I write stories. Trying to get everything down on the page before I forget, especially with things I'm making up, forces my writing to speed up. I think at light speed, which forces me to write fast or I end up missing words out, haha! Like most things, practice!
penguingirl18
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by NikkiMD)
Write often. It doesn't just have to be for school, just write things down. Letters to yourself, made up scenarios etc. I'm a really fast writer and it's because I write stories. Trying to get everything down on the page before I forget, especially with things I'm making up, forces my writing to speed up. I think at light speed, which forces me to write fast or I end up missing words out, haha! Like most things, practice!
Same here!
dooby_boss
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Thanks guys
zuluwarrior7650
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
write small and in cursive
PinkMobilePhone
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Pretend you have an evil overlord standing over you, and he's going to make you eat a carolina reaper chilli if you don't finish your writing in time.

That'll do it.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
Pretend you have an evil overlord standing over you, and he's going to make you eat a carolina reaper chilli if you don't finish your writing in time.

That'll do it.

..I can get out of my writing if I'm willing to bleed on the toilet for a while?

Tough call.
PinkMobilePhone
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by StriderHort)

..I can get out of my writing if I'm willing to bleed on the toilet for a while?

Tough call.
I can think of worse punishments but I was keeping it TSR appropriate
Prefect1992
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Hey, here's some valuable advice.

See I attended Oxford and now I run my own start up and I found that the way to increase writing speed is to outsource all your work, all of it
nowadays i run a sweatshop with my best friend atticus pumping out hundreds of papers so we can trick the public into believing that chemtrails aren't real.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
31.75%
They're what I expected (19)
30.16%
They're worse than what I expected (24)
38.1%

Watched Threads