The Student Room Group

Hey, do you guys think its weird if i go to the cinema alone? batman is my first and

Hey, do you guys think its weird if i go to the cinema alone? batman is my first and only superhero since i was 3 and i wont miss it no matter what...
Nope! I saw Spiderman: No Way Home by myself and had a blast! Not everything has to be done with other people, go enjoy Batman :smile:
I went to the theatre by myself this week to watch my friend in a show last min and tbh it was a little awkward, but go for it if u want lol
Not at all, go and enjoy it!

Learning to be alone and confident in yourself is important anyway.
Original post by penguingirl18
Not at all, go and enjoy it!

Learning to be alone and confident in yourself is important anyway.

Thanks! I'm already a loner, I'm even a solo traveller but actually never been in this kind of situation before.
Original post by tellysavalas1
Thanks! I'm already a loner, I'm even a solo traveller but actually never been in this kind of situation before.

Honestly, I'm an introvert naturally and let me tell you that it's 100% good and valid to do things by yourself! There's a lot of societal pressure to always be with other people and be extremely sociable but we can definitely enjoy things in our own company. Plus watching a film really doesn't have to be a group activity, aha!
Original post by JustGettinBy
Honestly, I'm an introvert naturally and let me tell you that it's 100% good and valid to do things by yourself! There's a lot of societal pressure to always be with other people and be extremely sociable but we can definitely enjoy things in our own company. Plus watching a film really doesn't have to be a group activity, aha!

agreed 100%.
nothing wrong with it at all. the cinema also isn't exactly the most social event.
You'll be in the dark and I assume most people don't care about who others are with (at least I don't)
No it's not weird to go alone to the cinema I think it's nice because you just sitting , it's dark and watching the movie and then your eyes and mind is concentrating on the movie
Have the confidence to do things by yourself :smile: lately I have been going to football by myself, I am there to watch and support the team and am not ashamed at all to do this. Previously I have eaten at pubs alone and will go to the cinema alone when I move to London and use my limitless odeon card.

It’s nice to do these things with friends but it’s also nice to do them alone. You should not be embarassed or shy, that is an immature mindset and shows inexperience and shame, not things you should be feeling. Lots of people go to the gym alone, swimming, walking etc, own it :smile:

Also the Batman is a good film, a bit more a slow burn compared to the Christian bale trilogy and a different take on some of the characters seen in other expressions of Gotham/Batman universe.

Robin Lord Taylor’s portrayal of the penguin from Gotham will always be my favourite version of the penguin though ❤️
Reply 11
Original post by tellysavalas1
Hey, do you guys think its weird if i go to the cinema alone? batman is my first and only superhero since i was 3 and i wont miss it no matter what...

Initially it can be daunting to think of going to the theatres alone, or well that's what it felt like for me. I went to watch James Bond's No time to Die alone and the experience was amazing!! I had a great time, was completely immersed in the movie and felt so glad I did decide to watch the movie alone. You should go for it if you want to.
Not weird at all. I've been to the cinema three times on my own. I've also been to a live concert on my own a couple of times.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 13
Life is far too short to worry about what other people think
carpe diem - seize the day
You go and see Bat Man and enjoy it, Treat yourself to a large Diet Coke :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest