The Student Room Group

Things to do in ✨summer✨

I have my gcses this year which means, when they finish, I have like an 11 week holiday. If someone could give me ideas of things to plan for that I'd appreciate it because my motivation is lacking rn if I'm honest

Also, slight issue with this one, I don't really have friends so if you recommend hanging out with them, you might have to find some for me first
Go to a picnic
See a movie
-maybe sign up for ncs so you can potentially meet new people
-theme parks
-sporting activities
-hiking/nature trails
Reply 3
Original post by thrivingfrog
I have my gcses this year which means, when they finish, I have like an 11 week holiday. If someone could give me ideas of things to plan for that I'd appreciate it because my motivation is lacking rn if I'm honest

Also, slight issue with this one, I don't really have friends so if you recommend hanging out with them, you might have to find some for me first

I actually started making YouTube videos when I had my long holiday xD definitely start doing something creative or read/research/listen to podcasts about something you enjoy. Dont waste your days away like my friends did, who just sat at home playing video games bc even they said they regretted doing nothing over the long summer
(edited 2 years ago)
get an outdoor job
Become a lifeguard
make some friends somehow ig
learn the guitar/ an instrument
decide what u want to do in life
Boring may it sound, but when I had my long holiday last year (granted the lack of official GCSE examinations made it longer) I did my best to get some work experience, as it’s such a great time window for it. Even in education if teaching was a future career prospect as everyone else is still in school!

Make the most of the freedom and the lack of hundreds of teenagers everywhere whilst you can, because the time disappears so quickly!

And most importantly, have fun!!

You'll have sixth form induction days and you need to be around on GCSE resukkts day to confirm your place for Year 12. We set A level prep work as well.

What about starting a new hobby, getting a part-time job, learning to cook or volunteering?
Reply 7
July you can go to Birmingham Commonwealth Games. 👍
Original post by SMEGGGY
July you can go to Birmingham Commonwealth Games. 👍

Birmingham? No thanks lol
Sleep
I already do half of these things (have a job, play guitar/keyboard, YouTube channel) but will deffo try out the rest, ty!
I already do half of these things (have a job, play guitar/keyboard, YouTube channel) but will deffo try out the rest, ty!

maybe join a music group/ band somehow?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending