Income Variance Exception

Watch this thread
Snekinmaboot
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi,
I've filled in the income document for my son's first year at uni and have HMRC Income Variance Exception now showing on the portal.
From looking at other posts it seems to be a difference from what I've submitted compared to what HMRC say it should be.
How do I resolve the issue ? I used my P60 to get the numbers that I submitted.
Last edited by Snekinmaboot; 3 months ago
IanR12
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Hi, I have the same problem. Did you manage to get yours resolved?
Snekinmaboot
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I just uploaded copies of my 20/21 self assessment tax return onto the portal. That seems to have cleared it for now
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Snekinmaboot)
I just uploaded copies of my 20/21 self assessment tax return onto the portal. That seems to have cleared it for now
Hi there,

If you have uploaded your financial evidence this will resolve the issue.

Thanks, Erin
lillybe2
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I am having stuggle as well i have attached my P60 and it is asking for HMRC income variance exception, does this include any proof of universal credit because it is yet to ask for this. if not what else can i do?
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by lillybe2)
I am having stuggle as well i have attached my P60 and it is asking for HMRC income variance exception, does this include any proof of universal credit because it is yet to ask for this. if not what else can i do?
Hi there,

We will not need proof of universal credit as we don't take this into account. If you have uploaded your P60 we can use this.

Thanks, Erin
mm.bananamm
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
One of my parents has only started work since 2021 but the required evidence are for 20/21, and recently I’ve gotten an update on my student finance account saying that there’s HMRC Income Variance Exception, does anyone know what should I do in this circumstance?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads