Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right, I have had a change of heart and want to apply for Law at Glasgow. Ive got 6 Unconditionals right now, so I am wondering what I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davie_Moyes)
    Right, I have had a change of heart and want to apply for Law at Glasgow. Ive got 6 Unconditionals right now, so I am wondering what I do?
    If you have an unconditional from Glasgow, ring/email them and see if they'll let you change. They might let you switch.

ReputationRep:
    decline all your choices and wait for ucasextra starting in mid-March, and (providing there are spare places) you will be allowed one more application, if you are accepted it becomes your firm choice, if you are rejected you then get another application, etc.

ReputationRep:
    If you change to a law course, your personal statement is not related to law though.

ReputationRep:
    I know is completely related to Accounting. I supose they could interview me if they wanted. Bah, this change of heart sucks.

ReputationRep:
    You could withdraw from UCAS and apply in september 2005? By the way, do you do law at A-level?

ReputationRep:
    There is no way Im pissing about for another year. I really want to go to Uni this year and feel Im ready for it. If I dont go, I could end up not going.

Im in Scotland and In 6th year so Law A-Level isnt an option I guess.

Its so typical of me to change my mind.

ReputationRep:
    Not much law courses require A-level (or equivalent) law. Hence, you might get a chance to get into that course.

ReputationRep:
    That's an unlucky change of heart! The problem with law is that it's an over subscribed course, I have an offer to go there and I comfortably have the grades but most people who apply do. There's a girl at my school who has applied there and has been waiting ages to hear, even though her grades are better than mine and Oxbridge-level (both of us are doing law). She won't be surprised if she gets rejected, so I don't know what to say if you don't want to wait a year...I don't think they'd let you change beforehand, it's relatively common to start a course and then change it once you're at the uni but that would be a risky strategy and again the problem of law's over-subscription. However, because law generally requires more work than other subjects, a lot of people drop out in the first term. I read something like out of 200 or 300 students at Manchester doing law, which is a top law school, about a fifth of those quit after a term. I think the uni's take that into consideration with the volume of offers they make for law though. Hope it works out for you whatever happens

ReputationRep:
    Ring up the admissions tutor at Glasgow and explain your problem. Thery will tell you how best to go about changing. Failing that, accept Glasgow as your Firm choice and once you have started your accountancy degree, you can swap courses soon after starting.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.