The Student Room Group

Independant candidate applying to Oxford.

Hi everyone. Does anyone know of any "increasing access" schemes for Oxford which don't require the support of a school? The majority of schemes I've seen are for students in year 12/13 and include a school's partnership with the university. However, I'm applying part of the 2023 admissions cycle through my 2nd gap year
Original post by aztec1234
Hi everyone. Does anyone know of any "increasing access" schemes for Oxford which don't require the support of a school? The majority of schemes I've seen are for students in year 12/13 and include a school's partnership with the university. However, I'm applying part of the 2023 admissions cycle through my 2nd gap year

@Oxford Mum may know :smile:

Did you go to state school? If so, try applying to the zero gravity scheme
Reply 3
Original post by Oxford Mum
Did you go to state school? If so, try applying to the zero gravity scheme

Hi, first off thank you (both) for the answer; it is much appreciated !

Secondly, I did attend a state school, however I am currently retaking 2 of my A-levels at an examination centre (due to certain circumstances) thus I doubt I am eligible for zero gravity because the first question is "what year are you currently in", so I am unsure of whether this would work.

Nonetheless, thank you for the feedback.
Hi, first off thank you (both) for the answer; it is much appreciated !

Secondly, I did attend a state school, however I am currently retaking 2 of my A-levels at an examination centre (due to certain circumstances) thus I doubt I am eligible for zero gravity because the first question is "what year are you currently in", so I am unsure of whether this would work.

Nonetheless, thank you for the feedback.

Zero gravity would still work - I did this last year and said I was Year 13 although I was on a gap year (and my age/application said i was on a gap year) so it worked well. The program was really helpful and now i’m off to study Geography at Oxford in october:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by azby1098
Zero gravity would still work - I did this last year and said I was Year 13 although I was on a gap year (and my age/application said i was on a gap year) so it worked well. The program was really helpful and now i’m off to study Geography at Oxford in october:smile:

Ahhh congratulations on your Oxford offer !! Such a huge accomplishment; a massive well done to you.

- And thanks for the response. I had created an account earlier and answered the questions and thankfully was eligible, so I’ll probably continue with that nearer the time.
Original post by azby1098

Thanks for making this wonderful post @azby1098

Azby is living proof that you can still make it to Oxford and get help without school.

One of the successful zero gravity candidates left school very early, self taught herself through her GCSEs and worked in the family fairground

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending