The Student Room Group

Should I throw this rice away or can something be done with it?

So I was trying to make rice biryani but it turned out to be a disaster, it's cooked but it's almost mushy, it's not dry either also, the rice didn't turn brown and it tasted just like really bad plain rice. I just had a taste, it's too bad too eat anymore when it shouldn't be as I added a lot of spices etc. I also ended up making a lot, is there anything I can do with it to salvage it or should I throw it away. I'll feed bad for wasting it as it's quite a bit of rice.
make it into stir fried rice or feed the birds
Reply 2
Original post by ReadingMum
make it into stir fried rice or feed the birds

I don't think the birds should have it as it contains spices and could harm them even if it doesn't taste of much. How do I make it into a stir fried rice?
Original post by Anonymous
How do I make it into a stir fried rice?

Just add some chopped chicken breast and some vegetables
Reply 4
Don’t feed it to birds. It’ll attract rodents too. I speak from experience with dry crusty nan.
Reply 5
Original post by Honey57
Don’t feed it to birds. It’ll attract rodents too. I speak from experience with dry crusty nan.

I'm not going to feed it to the birds, there is a rodent infestation in my area so it will make things worse. I'll try the stir fry thing and if it's still bad then I'll have to throw it away
Reply 6
Update: I added the rice to a stir fry and it tastes ok now, thanks for the suggestions ☺️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending