The Student Room Group

Manchester, Bristol or Warwick??

Idk what uni to choose as my firm between manchester bristol or warwick pls give me pros and cons for each as i’m stuck between them

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by AP14
Idk what uni to choose as my firm between manchester bristol or warwick pls give me pros and cons for each as i’m stuck between them

What subject? I'm also choosing between manchester and warwick lmao
Reply 2
Original post by Skiwi
What subject? I'm also choosing between manchester and warwick lmao

chemistry you?
it’s so hard right
Reply 3
Original post by AP14
chemistry you?
it’s so hard right

physics/maths and physics. I haven't visited manchester yet( im going to the offer holder day later this month) but i have seen warwick. The campus looks nice is quite spread out although the chem/physics building is one of the worst looking ones lmao. From what i saw the bus network with the surrounding towns is very good and the accommodation looks pretty good as well( i only saw the outside of a couple of the buildings not the insides so this could be wrong). I'm going to the offer holder day next week so hopefully i'll get a better look.
Reply 4
Original post by Skiwi
physics/maths and physics. I haven't visited manchester yet( im going to the offer holder day later this month) but i have seen warwick. The campus looks nice is quite spread out although the chem/physics building is one of the worst looking ones lmao. From what i saw the bus network with the surrounding towns is very good and the accommodation looks pretty good as well( i only saw the outside of a couple of the buildings not the insides so this could be wrong). I'm going to the offer holder day next week so hopefully i'll get a better look.

okay cool. i can’t go to any offer holder days cuz i’m busy on all of those days that’s why i’m asking on student room but pls let me know what you think when you visit next week
Reply 5
Original post by Skiwi

also the only thing putting me off warwick is coventry cuz i visited a while ago and i really didn’t like it and i guess whenever you go out you go to coventry as that’s the main city but i’m not a fan
Reply 6
Original post by AP14
okay cool. i can’t go to any offer holder days cuz i’m busy on all of those days that’s why i’m asking on student room but pls let me know what you think when you visit next week

If I remember I will 👍
Reply 7
Original post by Skiwi
If I remember I will 👍

okay thanks
Original post by AP14
also the only thing putting me off warwick is coventry cuz i visited a while ago and i really didn’t like it and i guess whenever you go out you go to coventry as that’s the main city but i’m not a fan

A lot of people go out in Leamington.

I did my undergrad at Warwick and masters in Manchester. Which you prefer will be the kind of person you are. Like nature and don't mind a bit of a commute in later years? Warwick. Want to be in the middle of one of the biggest cities in the UK? Manchester. FWIW I preferred Manchester and wish I'd done my undergrad there. Warwick is nice, there's Kenilworth and Leamington and Coventry isn't even that bad imo but Manchester is just awesome.
Hii I have the exact same problem. I'm from London and I'm not sure whether to choose chemistry at Warwick or Manchester. I went to the Warwick open day and it was nice and I'm hopefully going to see Manchester on the open day soon so hopefully that will help me decide. Please let us know :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by AP14
okay thanks

Completely forgot about this thread :redface:. I really liked warwick, campus looks really nice and the accommodation is cheaper than the other unis ive been looking at. According to some of the students there a lot of people end up in leamington spa so if you dont like coventry then you have alternatives.
Reply 11
Original post by Amandeep7
Hii I have the exact same problem. I'm from London and I'm not sure whether to choose chemistry at Warwick or Manchester. I went to the Warwick open day and it was nice and I'm hopefully going to see Manchester on the open day soon so hopefully that will help me decide. Please let us know :smile:

warwick and manchester seems to be the top 2 for a lot of people!
Reply 12
Original post by Skiwi
Completely forgot about this thread :redface:. I really liked warwick, campus looks really nice and the accommodation is cheaper than the other unis ive been looking at. According to some of the students there a lot of people end up in leamington spa so if you dont like coventry then you have alternatives.

that’s great to know thank you so much
Reply 13
Original post by Skiwi

which one are you leaning more towards?
Manchester or Bristol. Warwick is very campus based. A bit isolated from everything. Bristol and Manchester have better city life. Academically, they’re all RG universities so they are very good in the subjects they offer.
Hi there,

If they have an open day, I strongly advise you to attend. That would be an ideal time for you to soak up the atmosphere, explore the campus, and take advantage of all of the amenities. You can also ask your lecturers and student ambassadors any questions you have.

Kylie Ng, Student Ambassador
MSc Internation Marketing Management
Coventry University
Reply 16
Original post by AP14
which one are you leaning more towards?

I havent been to manchester yet, im going to the open day on saturday.
I'm going to the Manchester chemistry open day this Friday too.
Reply 18
Original post by Amandeep7
I'm going to the Manchester chemistry open day this Friday too.

how was the open day?
Omg it was so pretty. I'm from London and it gave me London city vibes uno coz all the shops and restaurants and close to the uni which was nice compared to Warwick. The campus is really pretty too and it's a student-friendly area. I'm probably going to pick it I just need to convince the fam :smile:

Quick Reply