The Student Room Group

Enthalpy level diagrams for solutions

When drawing enthalpy level diagrams for solutions, how do I know what state each line should be? Some questions it goes gas to solution to solid but in other gas to solid to solution. Is there a particular rule?
Here are 3 different examples of answers to enthalpy level diagram questions that I found
Picture1haha.png
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by mia.mgeorge
When drawing enthalpy level diagrams for solutions, how do I know what state each line should be? Some questions it goes gas to solution to solid but in other gas to solid to solution. Is there a particular rule?
Here are 3 different examples of answers to enthalpy level diagram questions that I found
Picture1haha.png

Can you please add the questions with the answers. Enthalpy change of solution is when an ionic "solid" dissolves to form an infinite dilute solution. Enthalpy change of hydration is when "gaseous ions" are hydrated.
Original post by mia.mgeorge
Picture1haha.png

This is a reaction dependent question if it is the first ionisation energy for example it would be the state at which exists to gaseous but then if it was enthalpy of solution it would be solid to aqueous. Hope that answers your question!

Quick Reply

Latest