The Student Room Group

To girls who are about 5'4'': would you date a guy who is 5'8''?

Like do you find guys who are taller than 5'8'' far more attractive? should a guy who's of that height just seek shorter girls?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Lol, everyone has preferences, you shouldn't let that dictate anything in who you seek! On a personal level not really, its overrated this whole girls like tall guys only thing. Im 5"4 and I've dated all sorts of heights of men, including less than 5"8. Other things definitely count for something!
I'm 5'4" and I've dated people that have ranged from 5'2" to 6'4"
Reply 3
Original post by Jpogk
Lol, everyone has preferences, you shouldn't let that dictate anything in who you seek! On a personal level not really, its overrated this whole girls like tall guys only thing. Im 5"4 and I've dated all sorts of heights of men, including less than 5"8. Other things definitely count for something!

Nah, I was 5’8 (5’9 now) a few months back and 5’4 just happens to be the “ideal” female height for us guys who fall in the 5’7-5’9 range. I generally recommend guys who are insecure about their heights to just go for girls 4-6 inches shorter than them since it isn’t that much of a sacrifice thus at the very least they’ll not look ultra self conscious. This guy seems to be following a similar sort of idea imo.
Reply 4
Original post by Jpogk

It should, in a way, I don't wanna end up alone, I will be turning 24 the following November and I am a kissless virgin (not saying it's because of my height btw, I am really introverted, ugly and with no exciting interests).
And why do you want girls who are 5'4 specifically?
Reply 6
Original post by Ilian07
Nah, I was 5’8 (5’9 now) a few months back and 5’4 just happens to be the “ideal” female height for us guys who fall in the 5’7-5’9 range. I generally recommend guys who are insecure about their heights to just go for girls 4-6 inches shorter than them since it isn’t that much of a sacrifice thus at the very least they’ll not look ultra self conscious. This guy seems to be following a similar sort of idea imo.

I have liked girls who are my height or slightly taller, I do not personally care about height. I like people, not their height?
Original post by Anonymous
Like do you find guys who are taller than 5'8'' far more attractive? should a guy who's of that height just seek shorter girls?

Yes that's like 4 inches taller than me still and the average height for men.

Some women are fussy about height but I think it's silly if they're taller than you. It's like calling a woman fat when they're skinnier than you lol same logic
Reply 8
Original post by hungrysalamander
And why do you want girls who are 5'4 specifically?

I personally do not care if she's 5'4'' or 5'1'' or 5'10'' but most girls are around 5'4'' and also they're shorter than I am which apparently is important to them??
I am 5'4 and I would happily date a 5'8 guy as long as the guy is at least my height I don't really care about height, but obviously my IDEAL guy would be 6ft, the height difference is just cute
Reply 10
Original post by Ilian07

Yeah,to be fair now you've said that I agree in part.not saying anything specific as obviously humans vary haha individual wants etc can't generalise, but it's fair logic to be seeking someone shorter than you as a man, whatever height bracket you fall into. That being said I know a couple of happily married couples who the girl is taller, clearly it's not the be all end all. Basically I just think if someone is attracted to you, height won't account for all, and vice versa, it's an easy excuse to throw into the mix if a girl isn't attracted
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I'm 5'4" and I've dated people that have ranged from 5'2" to 6'4"

Lilliputian!!! :biggrin:
Those lilliputian girls who are 5'4 and even shorter want to date giant type male creatures. The more lilliputian they are the more they want to date Mr Bigfoot...
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Lucifer323
Lilliputian!!! :biggrin:

That's average height mate. Please re-evaluate your idea of 'Lilliputian'...
Original post by sufys12
That's average height mate. Please re-evaluate your idea of 'Lilliputian'...

To me is still lilliputian! Below that becomes very lilliputian!
I personally do not care if she's 5'4'' or 5'1'' or 5'10'' but most girls are around 5'4'' and also they're shorter than I am which apparently is important to them??

The women I know are usually 5'8 and above. And most men like well-shaped, athletic, good looking, non lilliputian girls.
To me is still lilliputian! Below that becomes very lilliputian!

Fine. Well, you are a Lilliputian male as you are of the average height for a male...
The women I know are usually 5'8 and above. And most men like well-shaped, athletic, good looking, non lilliputian girls.

You cheeky devil. :biggrin:

You'd likely be quite surprised by the number of tall guys and those of average height that prefer to date girls under 5'6.
Quite a few girls that are naturally 5'8+ are grumbling that most attractive guys who are much taller than them are turned off by their height, even when they are not wearing high heels and very annoyed that the guys they are most interested in seem to prefer girls under 5'5 (with heels on or off).

Yeah maybe you live in the Netherlands or some other Nordic area and yes, many men like those super hot Victoria’s Secret model types and want to date them but in the end they must face reality. Just like women do eventually.
It should, in a way, I don't wanna end up alone, I will be turning 24 the following November and I am a kissless virgin (not saying it's because of my height btw, I am really introverted, ugly and with no exciting interests).

Damnnn no offence your height is least of your worries then! You should go out more, find interests/hobbies. Do you like/follow football? into cars? music? Do you go out to clubs/shisha? Furthermore, you got any friends to talk to? if your only having girl troubles maybe confide in a friend or sibling...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending