The Student Room Group

Anyone else ever felt bullied/persecuted at work?

So in my current job I am feeling persecuted. I work in the public sector and my line manager is bit of a douche. I'm suffering health issues and have been ill for a while and basically they want to fire me because my health has been bad. They bullied me to come back to work when I was ill then proceeded to use my performance when I was back against me!

Seriously like wtf? I'm so peeved off i've decided i'm just going to quit next month.
As far as I am aware, if I have a sick note (i.e. a valid reason to be off work) then they can't just sack me. In fact it's a disability and they're basically discriminating against me because of my disability. It falls under the equality act (not to discriminate against someone due to their disability), so the OH team said.
If you're being PERSECUTED at work its time to leave.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
If you're being PERSECUTED at work its time to leave.

Oh I will mate. I am milking them for sick pay then will hand in my notice haha. Might as well take their free money whilst i can.
Reply 4
Original post by boulderingislife
Oh I will mate. I am milking them for sick pay then will hand in my notice haha. Might as well take their free money whilst i can.

No money is ever free. The rest of us are paying for you
Original post by EOData
No money is ever free. The rest of us are paying for you

Well in that case thank you. Haha.

doesn't sound like you are the victim here
Original post by black tea
doesn't sound like you are the victim here

You don’t know the full story. If you were in my shoes you’d do the same….probably.

How do you look yourself in the mirror being a grown man leeching on ur bum crying about work.
And don't call me mate tf
As far as I am aware, if I have a sick note (i.e. a valid reason to be off work) then they can't just sack me. In fact it's a disability and they're basically discriminating against me because of my disability. It falls under the equality act (not to discriminate against someone due to their disability), so the OH team said.

"Disability" doesn't entitle you to take a job and then skive off work and get sick pay because of your "disability".

And even if it did mean that, there would still be a multitude of creative ways to 'legally' get rid of someone. This could invoke a certain amount of office politics and pressure, people looking over your shoulder to find anything that you're doing wrong, over-reporting safety violations (such as you not holding the handrail, which ordinarily no one would care about).

Yep. If you p*ss people off and freeload on them, they'll find a way to do something about it. And if they outnumber you, you will lose.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending