The Student Room Group

Manmet or Salford?

I've recently applied for biomedical science at both universities and have received offers. Now I'm confused on which uni I have as my firm. They are both accredited so that doesn't narrow it down and although manmet is closer, I wouldn't mind travelling an extra 20 minutes to Salford.

Please help!
MMU is one of the biggest Unis in the UK.
Salford is smaller, cosier and has a solid repuation for all Bio subjects.
Original post by Twinkles_311
I've recently applied for biomedical science at both universities and have received offers. Now I'm confused on which uni I have as my firm. They are both accredited so that doesn't narrow it down and although manmet is closer, I wouldn't mind travelling an extra 20 minutes to Salford.

Please help!

Hi!

Congratualtions on receiving an offer from us and Salford! :biggrin:

Please help!

Hi @Twinkles_311,

Massive congratulations on getting offers from both us and MMU - that's great :smile: in terms of making your decision, I'd recommend:

- Taking a look at UniBuddy - you can find students on these courses and get some real student perspective on how they find the courses at both Universities;
- Attending applicant visit days - you'll get to go to subject talks, look around the University, meet other applicants and get a feel for which University is best for you!

I hope this helps - good luck with your decision making :yes:

Rowan
- University of Salford Rep
Are you wanting to be a Biomedical Scientist?
Yes! That is what I hope to become after my degree
Yes! That is what I hope to become after my degree

You should do the NHS PTP via MMU.
I've considered it but have already received biomedical science offers from universities, so wouldn't it be difficult to apply for another course?
Also do you have any idea which universities out of the two are best for biomedical science?
I've considered it but have already received biomedical science offers from universities, so wouldn't it be difficult to apply for another course?
Also do you have any idea which universities out of the two are best for biomedical science?

Which is better will come down to personal experience. Contact MMU and discuss their version of Biomedical Science that allows registration.

Read Placement Options on here > https://www.mmu.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/course/bsc-biomedical-science

Please help!

Hi,
I’m in this exact position right now, can I ask which uni you ended up choosing and why?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending