The Student Room Group

questions about cardiff uni 2022

hey!!

so im firming cardiff for biochemistry bsc this year, was wondering if anyone else on here is going to/has put cardiff down as their first choice :smile: Also if any current biochemistry students there could tell me how they find the course

for some general questions: what’s the accommodation situation like and where would you recommend applying? pros and cons of cardiff as city? what’s the student union life/student life like?

Thank you!!
Original post by saffira
hey!!

so im firming cardiff for biochemistry bsc this year, was wondering if anyone else on here is going to/has put cardiff down as their first choice :smile: Also if any current biochemistry students there could tell me how they find the course

for some general questions: what’s the accommodation situation like and where would you recommend applying? pros and cons of cardiff as city? what’s the student union life/student life like?

Thank you!!

Congrats on getting into this top uni! You must be really excited. I am not a student there nor am I going there, but my sister lives in Cardiff and I have spent quite a bit of time in Cardiff. I presume you can get some uni-owned accommodation? Anyway, most students live in Roath, which is a lovely area near the centre of town with old, 19th/20th century terraced housing. Riverside is also nice, a bit further away via a big park. It is a lovely city for both culture and shopping. There is a really excellent fine art museum and the Mermaid Quay is also lovely for food and just looking out to sea. You can do boat tours. There is a lovely castle and St Fagan’s Museum is a bus journey away (it is a huge, outdoor museum). You could not possibly ever be bored in Cardiff and there are plenty of interesting volunteering jobs and paid work too. I hope you have a wonderful time in Cardiff, you have chosen well!
Reply 2
Original post by CambridgeMama
Congrats on getting into this top uni! You must be really excited. I am not a student there nor am I going there, but my sister lives in Cardiff and I have spent quite a bit of time in Cardiff. I presume you can get some uni-owned accommodation? Anyway, most students live in Roath, which is a lovely area near the centre of town with old, 19th/20th century terraced housing. Riverside is also nice, a bit further away via a big park. It is a lovely city for both culture and shopping. There is a really excellent fine art museum and the Mermaid Quay is also lovely for food and just looking out to sea. You can do boat tours. There is a lovely castle and St Fagan’s Museum is a bus journey away (it is a huge, outdoor museum). You could not possibly ever be bored in Cardiff and there are plenty of interesting volunteering jobs and paid work too. I hope you have a wonderful time in Cardiff, you have chosen well!

tysm this is such a useful response! I won’t be a be able to visit cardiff just due to timings and personal stuff so it’s great getting as many views as I can :smile: sounds like a wonderful city and yh u can get uni owned accommodation!

Quick Reply

Latest