Coasts - geography alevel

Watch this thread
mystudentlife
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I am currently doing geography Alevel and one of the topics is coastal landscapes. I can kind of understand the topic but when it gets to practice questions I just do not know what to say at all. Please anyone has any advice please help. (Im in year 13 and really need to sort this out ASAP as it will detriment my exams alot)

I tried to answer this question earlier but just couldn't does anyone know what the content of the answer may be?
archere
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by mystudentlife)
I am currently doing geography Alevel and one of the topics is coastal landscapes. I can kind of understand the topic but when it gets to practice questions I just do not know what to say at all. Please anyone has any advice please help. (Im in year 13 and really need to sort this out ASAP as it will detriment my exams alot)

I tried to answer this question earlier but just couldn't does anyone know what the content of the answer may be?
What is the question? I did A Level geography and now study it at university! Coasts was one of the most challenging parts of my A Level syllabus and I remember looking at past paper questions and having no idea what it was asking, let alone where to start. My general advice would be really make sure you know the content. You might think you do but really you don't. Think about how this content applies to specific case studies. Use Quizlet/flashcards to test yourself. Learn your key words. Look at past paper mark schemes and take note of the common themes, key words, etc.....I know teachers bang on about past papers but they really are the only way of getting better at understanding exam style questions and practicing applying your knowledge. It may take a while, but eventually you will be able to read a question and have an idea about what to write, especially if you have awareness of mark schemes and what they commonly reward marks for!
mystudentlife
Rep:
(Original post by archere)
What is the question? I did A Level geography and now study it at university! Coasts was one of the most challenging parts of my A Level syllabus and I remember looking at past paper questions and having no idea what it was asking, let alone where to start. My general advice would be really make sure you know the content. You might think you do but really you don't. Think about how this content applies to specific case studies. Use Quizlet/flashcards to test yourself. Learn your key words. Look at past paper mark schemes and take note of the common themes, key words, etc.....I know teachers bang on about past papers but they really are the only way of getting better at understanding exam style questions and practicing applying your knowledge. It may take a while, but eventually you will be able to read a question and have an idea about what to write, especially if you have awareness of mark schemes and what they commonly reward marks for!
Tyyy!!! Would you know how to answer that question in the first post??? I only have a couple of months left (literally) do you think I’ll be able to learn it in time?

Sorry I just realised it isn’t in the first post I will send it later as I’ve forgotten it lol
Last edited by mystudentlife; 3 months ago
mystudentlife
Rep:
(Original post by archere)
Hi, the question was ‘assess the role of short term processes in creating rocky coasts and coastal plain landscapes’ could you pls help w this?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (51)
26.15%
As I expected (64)
32.82%
Harder (72)
36.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.1%

Watched Threads