elsie's 2022 wellbeing blog

Watch this thread
elsiehxo
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
starting kind of late, i know... but there's always time to start working on yourself!

my goals:

1. lose weight

why i want to do this - trigger warning for weight
Spoiler:
Show
i want to do this because i've been feeling like i definitely snack too much at uni, and i know for a fact that i don't do enough exercise to go with the amount that i snack whilst i'm at uni. i'd also like to go back down to a size 10 which is what i started uni at, and i'm now a size 12 which is a little frustrating.

i'd like to start feeling more confident with wearing dresses - i have two in my wardrobe which i never ever wear because i hate the way i look in dresses. the only time i've worn a dress in the last 9 years was my first orchestra concert this year and i still wasn't particularly comfortable in it. i can barely fit into my favourite pair of jeans and i'd like to be able to fit into them more comfortably than the way i currently squeeze into them.

how i'm going to lose weight - trigger warning for calorie count and weight
Spoiler:
Show
i've already started tracking how much i eat again after two years of not tracking - i use an app called cronometer which allows me to input the foods i eat and shows me how many calories my body needs to function correctly against how many calories i've taken in on that day, as well as helping me track how much water i've drunk.

i weighed myself 10 minutes ago (starting this blog on march 4th) and weighed in at 9st 12lbs which i'm not too happy with; the nhs website suggests that a healthy weight for my age and height is 9st or under so i'm going to try and get down to that by the end of the year. i've started going to football on sundays not only to add to the amount of exercise i do, but also to make friends which is going well so far! i walk to asda to do my shopping, i walk to all of my lectures and to orchestra and back which is not far but is still up and down a hill.

i'm giving up chocolate for lent (i say, as i've failed every day so far): i'm hoping that by doing that, i'll stop taking in as many calories as i was by snacking regularly through the day. i also have no multipack crisps left in my bedroom and am going to only buy these again as long as i leave them in the kitchen rather than keeping them in my room where i don't have to get up to get them out.

i also want to leave my room more often - i might walk down to the lrc on days i don't leave for anything else, so we're currently looking at fridays and saturdays with the possibility of adding thursdays since orchestra doesn't start until 7:30pm. this would help increase my steps and would get me out of my room more often!

2. drinking more water (1 - 2L a day):

how i'm going to do this:
Spoiler:
Show
i'm pretty good at always having my big 1L water bottle out on my desk, whether that's in lectures, in my room or in the LRC so i can always reach for it when i'm feeling thirsty.

why i want to do this:
Spoiler:
Show
when i was at secondary school / sixth form college i was pretty good at absolutely avoiding drinking water - i'm not sure why this is but it got to the point where the only time i was drinking water or smoothie was at breakfast and dinner which is pretty terrible for my body functions. i'm doing quite well so far this year, i always make sure i refill my water bottle to take to lectures and if it's empty, i'll get up to go to the kitchen and refill it.

3. journalling every day or every other day

Spoiler:
Show
i always have my journal out on my desk, open on my tracker pages (sleep tracker, every day tasks like brushing my teeth, washing my face and other menial tasks that i'm quite good at not doing as well as my duolingo and wordle streaks [i currently have a 107 day duolingo streak.])<br><br>i've been journalling every day of this year, and have been tracking my sleep schedule in there and on my phone through google fit which is also the way i track my steps. <br>

why i want to do this:
Spoiler:
Show
there's no point in me owning a bullet journal the way i have since christmas 2019 if i'm not going to use it properly. it's a nice way for me to remember what i was listening to at one stage in my life, for me to track the things i watched during certain stages of my life and to see how much better i can get at actually looking after myself. it's also a nice way to note down things like birthdays and sport that i want to watch or listen to without having a massive calendar on my wall (i have a little tiny one, as well as a whiteboard weekly planner).

i'll try and update every day - i only have lectures twice a week so i have no reason to not update!! it's also a nice way to track how my mental health is doing, and i feel like if i'm posting it somewhere then i have to hold myself accountable!

elsie <3
Last edited by elsiehxo; 3 months ago
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by elsiehxo)
starting kind of late, i know... but there's always time to start working on yourself!

my goals:

1. lose weight

why i want to do this - trigger warning for weight
Spoiler:
Show
i want to do this because i've been feeling like i definitely snack too much at uni, and i know for a fact that i don't do enough exercise to go with the amount that i snack whilst i'm at uni. i'd also like to go back down to a size 10 which is what i started uni at, and i'm now a size 12 which is a little frustrating.

i'd like to start feeling more confident with wearing dresses - i have two in my wardrobe which i never ever wear because i hate the way i look in dresses. the only time i've worn a dress in the last 9 years was my first orchestra concert this year and i still wasn't particularly comfortable in it. i can barely fit into my favourite pair of jeans and i'd like to be able to fit into them more comfortably than the way i currently squeeze into them.

how i'm going to lose weight - trigger warning for calorie count and weight
Spoiler:
Show
i've already started tracking how much i eat again after two years of not tracking - i use an app called cronometer which allows me to input the foods i eat and shows me how many calories my body needs to function correctly against how many calories i've taken in on that day, as well as helping me track how much water i've drunk.

i weighed myself 10 minutes ago (starting this blog on march 4th) and weighed in at 9st 12lbs which i'm not too happy with; the nhs website suggests that a healthy weight for my age and height is 9st or under so i'm going to try and get down to that by the end of the year. i've started going to football on sundays not only to add to the amount of exercise i do, but also to make friends which is going well so far! i walk to asda to do my shopping, i walk to all of my lectures and to orchestra and back which is not far but is still up and down a hill.

i'm giving up chocolate for lent (i say, as i've failed every day so far): i'm hoping that by doing that, i'll stop taking in as many calories as i was by snacking regularly through the day. i also have no multipack crisps left in my bedroom and am going to only buy these again as long as i leave them in the kitchen rather than keeping them in my room where i don't have to get up to get them out.

i also want to leave my room more often - i might walk down to the lrc on days i don't leave for anything else, so we're currently looking at fridays and saturdays with the possibility of adding thursdays since orchestra doesn't start until 7:30pm. this would help increase my steps and would get me out of my room more often!

2. drinking more water (1 - 2L a day):

Spoiler:
Show
i'm pretty good at always having my big 1L water bottle out on my desk, whether that's in lectures, in my room or in the LRC so i can always reach for it when i'm feeling thirsty.

why i want to do this:
Spoiler:
Show
when i was at secondary school / sixth form college i was pretty good at absolutely avoiding drinking water - i'm not sure why this is but it got to the point where the only time i was drinking water or smoothie was at breakfast and dinner which is pretty terrible for my body functions. i'm doing quite well so far this year, i always make sure i refill my water bottle to take to lectures and if it's empty, i'll get up to go to the kitchen and refill it.

3. journalling every day or every other day

Spoiler:
Show
i always have my journal out on my desk, open on my tracker pages (sleep tracker, every day tasks like brushing my teeth, washing my face and other menial tasks that i'm quite good at not doing as well as my duolingo and wordle streaks [i currently have a 107 day duolingo streak.])<br><br>i've been journalling every day of this year, and have been tracking my sleep schedule in there and on my phone through google fit which is also the way i track my steps. <br>

why i want to do this:
Spoiler:
Show
there's no point in me owning a bullet journal the way i have since christmas 2019 if i'm not going to use it properly. it's a nice way for me to remember what i was listening to at one stage in my life, for me to track the things i watched during certain stages of my life and to see how much better i can get at actually looking after myself. it's also a nice way to note down things like birthdays and sport that i want to watch or listen to without having a massive calendar on my wall (i have a little tiny one, as well as a whiteboard weekly planner).

i'll try and update every day - i only have lectures twice a week so i have no reason to not update!! it's also a nice way to track how my mental health is doing, and i feel like if i'm posting it somewhere then i have to hold myself accountable!

elsie <3
Welcome to the 2022 Wellbeing blogs! Looking forward to seeing your updates, good luck with it all
elsiehxo
Rep:
update for yesterday (since it's nearly 1am... my excuse is that i've just got back from seeing batman which was INCREDIBLE)

food diary - trigger warning calorie count
Spoiler:
Show
didn't eat breakfast because i'm lazy and didn't get out of bed in time to have breakfast
lunch was a bread roll with butter and two oatcakes because i have no good sandwich fillings (i need to do a food shop) [168kcal + 245kcal = 413kcal]
dinner was maccies [949kcal]:
- mcplant burger [429kcal]
- large fries [444kcal]
- medium fanta [76kcal]
overall not a particularly good day in terms of healthy calorie intake but then again i try to not eat at maccies every time i go to the odeon; i would've eaten before leaving but both the flatmates i went with wanted to eat at maccies so i went with.

losing weight - trigger warning weight
Spoiler:
Show
step count: ~9050. my phone isn't the best tracker but it does a pretty good job of it. ending the day at 9st 10lbs!

drinking more water:
Spoiler:
Show
i drank 1.3L! plus that fanta that i had from maccies (400ml) so i've drunk around 1.7L of liquid today

gonna head to bed in a minute, but i just wanted to check in and get yesterday's check in done before i forget. goodnight lovely people, i wish you all the best for today!

elsie <3
elsiehxo
Rep:
forgot to check in yesterday but i ended up going home because there was no wifi at uni

breakfast:
- two bread rolls with butter

lunch:
- toasted bagel with marmite

dinner:
- toasted bagel with tuna mayo, cucumber, sour cream and onion pringles
- apple juice

snacks:
- apple cake (2 slices)

steps: 5547 so i hit my (google fit) recommended step count for the day

water: only ~600ml, i left my water bottle in my bag and didn't drink any whilst i was on the train

today hasn't been much better but i'm gonna try and make something nice (healthy-ish) for dinner.

elsie <3
elsiehxo
Rep:
back at uni after spending some time with my family this morning which was nice; lectures again tomorrow and tuesday and then have some stuff to do the rest of the week

breakfast:
- weetabix w milk
- glass of water (~200ml)

lunch:
- didn't have lunch because i was on the train but i had a large donut when i was out at the market with my family which kept me going (not healthy, i know... i'm not particularly good at finding the motivation to eat 3 meals a day but i'm going to try harder)

dinner:
- scrambled egg on toast
- garden peas

snacks:
- stockans oatcakes (3)
- maoam stripe (1)

water: about 800ml today? have had my water bottle on my desk since i got back to uni

exercise: went to football for an hour & have done about 8.1k steps today

weight check-in before bed - trigger warning weight :
Spoiler:
Show
9st 9lbs :woo:

that's me off for the night! goodnight lovely people, remember to be proud of yourself for however much you've done today <3
elsiehxo
Rep:
i had 6 hours of lectures today, i have 6 hours plus an optional hour and a half tomorrow (i'm pretty sure there's a guest speaker coming in tomorrow...). think i might make pasta to take with me tomorrow for lunch so i don't starve.

today tho:

breakfast:
nature valley oats 'n' honey bar because i didn't get out of bed early enough to actually have something nice to eat.

lunch:
tuna melt toastie :woo: was very yummy

dinner:
tuna mayo pasta with sweetcorn and garden peas!

snacks:
maoam stripe
iced coffee (homemade)

water: about 1400ml so far :woo:

exercise: literally just walking to class and back. 5157 steps.

weight check in - trigger warning weight:
Spoiler:
Show
9st 7lbs :woo: need to do more steps around campus every day; might start a step goal of literally just like 10k steps, might reinstall pokemon go and walk around playing it to add steps.

journalling is going well; i was drawing up my calendar for april, added a gig that i was supposed to have at the end of april and not even an hour later i got an email saying it's been postponed until may next year which absolutely sucks because i was supposed to see them in april 2020 (the original date) and now i don't see them until next year

signing off for tonight, elsie <3
elsiehxo
Rep:
i went to the optional hour and a half guest speaker talk this morning which was pretty interesting; 6 hours of lectures from 1 - 7pm is NOT it. i hate it!!

breakfast:
two slices of wholemeal toast with butter

lunch:
cold pasta with mayonnaise, peas and sweetcorn

dinner:
quorn chicken nuggets and two potato waffles

water: 1L!

exercise: literally just walked to my lectures and back, didn't even hit my step goal

weight - trigger warning weight:
Spoiler:
Show
9st 8lbs :woo:

going out tomorrow so i might hopefully do a few more steps than i did today!

elsie <3
elsiehxo
Rep:
today's been an up and down day. been a bit emotional and all over the place but hopefully tomorrow will be better.

breakfast:
didn't get up early enough to warrant having breakfast

lunch:
tuna melt sandwich

dinner:
quorn chicken nuggets, potato waffles and peas

snacks:
2 maoam stripes

water: 1L!

exercise: walked around campus for about an hour and then went to roller skating with one of my flatmates which was fun!

Spoiler:
Show
9st 8lbs so on a bit of a flatline right now; thinking about getting a swim membership at either the gym near asda or the campus pool but i also don't know if i have the motivation or money for it. might talk to my parents and see if i can get a bump in my monthly payments to pay for a swim membership!

gonna try and get a good night of sleep since i'm pretty exhausted. hope everyone has had a good day <3
elsiehxo
Rep:
thursday 10th march:

breakfast didn't happen aka i am lazy and didn't get out of bed until 11:30am

lunch:
tuna melt & had some slices of pepper on the side

dinner:
pasta with homemade cheese sauce (i definitely put too much cheese in but that's okay sometimes)

water: 1L

exercise: i walked to orchestra and back but that's literally 3k steps. thursdays are never good, i only leave the flat for orchestra.

Spoiler:
Show
9st 10lbs

i need to go to asda at some point so i'll get my steps up hopefully today given that i know i'm going to spoons as well
elsiehxo
Rep:
friday 11th march:

breakfast:
two slices of wholemeal toast with butter

lunch:
prawn mayo sandwich (homemade)

dinner:
a bowl of peas and sweetcorn

went to spoons and had:
quorn nuggets, onion rings & chips
one pitcher & another glass of alcohol

water: about 1600ml :woo:

exercise: literally just the walk to spoons, so about 3.1k steps.

Spoiler:
Show
didn't check when i got back but when i checked this morning i was down to 9st 5lbs because of the amount i drunk last night...

been to asda today and now watching the rugby
elsiehxo
Rep:
saturday 12th march:

breakfast:
two slices of toast with butter

lunch:
i didn't have lunch but had a quorn sausage roll halfway through the afternoon.

dinner:
tomato pasta plus 3/4 of a yellow bell pepper

snacks:
haribo strawberry pencils
breadsticks

water: 1.3L plus a glass of malibu + vodka during the evening

exercise: 12.2k steps (down to asda and back via our local shopping outlet)

Spoiler:
Show
literally on a plateau at 9lbs 8st

was doing a jigsaw puzzle until like half 4 this morning which was kinda fun tbh; i have football later :woo:
elsiehxo
Rep:
Sunday 13th March:

did not wake up early enough for breakfast... oops?

lunch:
quorn sausage roll & half a pepper

dinner:
pasta with tomato sauce

snacks:
strawberry pencils

water: 800ml

exercise: spent an hour running around at football

Spoiler:
Show
9st 8lbs
elsiehxo
Rep:
Monday 14th March:

Breakfast:
2 toaster waffles

Lunch:
Cheese & tomato toastie (homemade)
Pepper slices

Dinner:
Baked bean lasagne (homemade)

Water: about 500ml. not a good day especially with the amount of walking i did

Exercise: 19km of walking (about 31k steps overall)

Spoiler:
Show
9st 7lbs :woo:

i have a job interview thursday!!
elsiehxo
Rep:
Tuesday 15th March:

Brunch:
Richmond bacon (meat-free) sandwich and a quorn sausage roll

Dinner:
Baked bean lasagne (reheated, yummy)

Snack:
cereal at like 11pm

Water: 1L!

exercise: just walking from my room to my lectures

Spoiler:
Show
back up to 9lbs 8st but then again tuesdays i do nothing except go to lectures so kind of expected
elsiehxo
Rep:
Wednesday 16th March:

Breakfast: was not up early enough

Lunch: Toaster waffles & then jam on toast halfway through the afternoon

Dinner: tomato pasta with broccoli

Water: 600ml

Exercise: i walked to the LRC in the rain so didn't hit my step goal

weight - tw weight:
Spoiler:
Show
9lbs 8st
elsiehxo
Rep:
Thursday 17th March:

Breakfast: two toaster waffles

Lunch: did not eat since I was not hungry. had a glass of milk instead

Dinner: scrambled eggs and richmond meat-free bacon on a slice of wholemeal bread

Snacks: greggs' yum yum and a maoam

Water: 700ml

Exercise: 9920 steps!

weight - tw weight:

Spoiler:
Show
9st 9lbs not doing well this week.

i've just cancelled my odeon subscription and another subscription which means i might be able to pay for a gym membership instead :woo:
elsiehxo
Rep:
friday 18th march:

breakfast / brunch (i didn't get up until like 11 i think):
richmond bacon and scrambled eggs on toast

dinner:
pizza and a milkshake from this cute pizza place in london

exercise: 5119 steps

water: about 500ml, oops

spent the weekend at home <3
elsiehxo
Rep:
saturday 19th march:

breakfast:
croissant with butter

lunch:
slice of bread with tuna and sweetcorn mayo, cucumber and pringles

dinner:
chinese takeaway - prawn toast, spring roll, veggie chicken with bamboo shoots and water chestnuts, bean sprouts and noodles with king prawns, egg fried rice, a j2o

exercise: i didn't leave the house at all

water: maybe 300ml?? not a good day
elsiehxo
Rep:
sunday 20th march:

breakfast:
scrambled eggs, baked beans, smoked salmon and an english muffin

lunch / dinner:
pizza from the same place as friday evening

snack:
strawberry milk tea boba (my first time trying boba: it was okay? probably wouldn't have it again though)

weight - tw weight:

Spoiler:
Show
9st 9lbs not going very well but i start work this week so i might be doing more steps soon!

water: maybe 300ml? awful.

exercise: 17,015 steps! walked around london and went to the harry styles pop-up shop <3
elsiehxo
Rep:
monday 21st march:

breakfast / lunch: two slices of bread with marmite

dinner: pasta with tuna mayo and some cucumber slices, a glass of apple juice

snacks: an iced coffee (homemade) and a maoam stripe

exercise: 6274 steps

water: about 1.2L so far

weight - tw weight:

Spoiler:
Show
9st 11lbs - not doing particularly well at losing weight but as someone the other day pointed out, you have to start regulating what you're eating before you start trying to lose weight since what you eat contributes to how much weight you put on. i'm trying to eat more vegetables since i've not been doing particularly well at that recently and then i'm going to try and find nice places to go on walks around this area.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (48)
31.17%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (67)
43.51%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (38)
24.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.65%

Watched Threads