The Student Room Group

Swimming with boys/girls

Do you swim with with the opposite sex in your school - especially secondary -? And what is it like for you boys to swim with girls and vice versa? Like if you are a girl and you're wearing your swimming costume, how does it feel when you know other kids, especially the boys see you and vice versa for boys.
(edited 2 years ago)
When I was in school, yes everybody swam together, boys and girls alike.
Why would that be weird?
Swimming costumes are just swimming costumes.
Reply 2
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
When I was in school, yes everybody swam together, boys and girls alike.
Why would that be weird?
Swimming costumes are just swimming costumes.

Yeah well I mean it may be different by person, but for me myself, I'm a boy and if I was a girl - again, personally - I would be shy if boys see me, or even stare at me in my swimming costume, especially at parts like thighs and boobs. So you would never expect me to wear two pieces (eg. Bikinis, etc), cause I would by shy enough to wear one piece swimming costumes, so how would I wear something more revealing?? Even if the one pieces are less comfortable (and this is maybe different too depending on person, because there are also who think one pieces are more comfortable and love them), but I don't think I would wear something more revealing
Well that's from me
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by NNaraya
Yeah well I mean it may be different by person, but for me myself, I'm a boy and if I was a girl - again, personally - I would be shy if boys see me, or even stare at me in my swimming costume, especially at parts like thighs and boobs. So you would never expect me to wear two pieces (eg. Bikinis, etc), cause I would by shy enough to wear one piece swimming costumes, so how would I wear something more revealing?? Even if the one pieces are less comfortable (and this is maybe different too depending on person, because there are also who think one pieces are more comfortable and love them), but I don't think I would wear something more revealing
Well that's from me

I doubt any school's uniform code states that girls must wear a bikini so if girls are doing that, they are doing it out of choice and are probably not shy...
Original post by NNaraya
Well that's from me

Why would you wear something more revealing for a swimming lesson in the first place?
And boys should have the decency to not stare at places they know they shouldn’t be.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
I know, I mean outside school
What...if you go to a beach do you expect all the boys to stay on one side and the girls to stay on another?

If the answer to the question above is no, then why should you do so in schools?

If the answer is yes... I'm just going to assume you're a troll or extremely sheltered
Original post by NNaraya
I'm a boy and if I was a girl - again, personally - I would be shy if boys see me, or even stare at me in my swimming costume, especially at parts like thighs and boobs.

I'm a girl and honestly if I were a boy I would be shy for girls to see me just wearing swimming trunks

Thighs don't matter a bit to me but I found boobs awkward for a while until I began to embrace who I am:smile:

Sorry to be anon but I'm a bit shy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending