The Student Room Group

Everything you need to Maximise Ramadan!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cherrygrape1234
JazakAllah for sharing all this :smile:
Tagging people who may be interested @Agashii_ @AestheticStudying

jazakhallah for the tag cherry! :heart: :jumphug:
Original post by AestheticStudying
jazakhallah for the tag cherry! :heart: :jumphug:

PRSOM :biggrin:
Reply 22
Six Easy Ways to Maximize the Barakah (blessings) in Ramadan:

With our countless responsibilities and the never ending demands of everyday life, many of us struggle to find the time to achieve our goals in Ramadan. We feel overwhelmed and the lack of time leaves us disappointed at the end of each day. Nonetheless, a simple yet profound concept has the potential to transform our Ramadan and entire life around!

It is Barakah. But what is Barakah? It is not about having more, rather the ability to do more with the less that you have. Barakah is Allah granting us immense blessings in what we have, bestowing upon us exponential increases in our time and rizq (sustenance). Generating outstanding results with the minimalist of efforts; that is the essence of Barakah! And what better time to start implementing this life-transforming concept than in Ramadan, the month of Barakah and the month wherein the most blessed book was sent down?

1) Maximize Your Intention

Narrated ‘Umar bin Al-Khattab:

I heard Allah’s Messenger saying, “The reward of deeds depends upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended…”

This is the secret formula by which Allah would magnify our rewards beyond imagination! Think of two people performing wudhu’: one is doing it with the intention of praying, whilst the other adds to that the intention of cleansing himself of every misdeed committed by his limbs, getting closer to Allah by purifying himself both physically and spiritually as well as performing a sunnah of the beloved . Which of these two will receive an abundant reward? Without a doubt, it is the person who had multiple intentions for this one single deed. Bountiful rewards await such a person due to the power and magnitude of the intention; an effortless deed that many of us are heedless to.

We must revive this beautiful teaching during Ramadan for greater Barakah in our actions. Whether you are reciting the Qur’an or cooking Iftar in the kitchen; be sure to maximize your intention, because every seemingly small deed carries magnanimous rewards!

2) The Qur’an

“And this [Qur’an] is a Book We have revealed [which is] blessed, so follow it and fear Allah that you may receive mercy.” 2

Allah describes the Qur’an as blessed, and this is a fact that every reader would testify to. I have personally experienced this myself, the more I recite from the Qur’an, the more barakah there is in my time, the more I can achieve with the exact same hours that I have every single day. How many of us would wish for extra hours during the day to complete unfinished tasks? With this blessed book, you won’t need them.

Ramadan is the month of the Qur’an, where our daily recitations increase and where we reflect and ponder upon the words of Allah. Simply reading a few more pages will grant you unimaginable barakah in your time and innumerable Hasanat for every letter you recite, leaving you with a heart filled with peace and tranquillity.

3) Utilize the Morning Hours

Narrated Sakhr al-Ghamidi:

The Prophet said: “O Allah, bless my people in their early mornings.” 3

The morning hours after Fajr are a treasure for every human being. These hours are especially blessed by Allah and those who do not utilize them are indeed in great loss. It is in these blissful hours that one is able to have clarity of thought, away from all distractions, by which they are able to complete a number of tasks that would have otherwise taken up an entire day. This is a fundamental aspect of productivity that all experts call for; these are the golden hours that we cannot forsake. Whether you are a student with multiple exams, a young mother with little children who expend most of your time and energy, or a student of the Qur’an striving to memorize a new surah, this is the ideal time for you to start working, try it and watch how your day unfolds!

4) Less Screen Time

Spending our precious time on petty matters such as the latest updates on social media platforms should be the last thing on our minds during Ramadan. Try to make this a screen-free month, except for checking important messages and beneficial posts, thereby making time for the revival of your heart and the purification of your soul with minimal distractions.

We claim to be spending only five minutes on our devices, but it is never just five minutes. Our time is a gift from Allah, a gift that we will be held accountable for, and every passing minute is one that we will never be able to get back. You will be astonished by the time that will be freed up for you with less technology; you will find greater barakah in it, thus a chance to increase your credit of good deeds.

5) Fill Your Time Gaps

One must be conscious of their daily tasks to be able to fully utilize the gaps during their day. If you are a student commuting then you can spend the few extra minutes you have to read the Qur’an, or if you are waiting for a meal to be cooked, you can utilize the minutes of delay for dhikr and Istighfar by which your reward will be increasing perpetually. We must train our tongues to be continuously remembering Allah during the blessed hours of fasting so as not to be from the people of heedlessness. Fill your time gaps with sunnah acts that are inherently engulfed by immense Barakah: Start every act with bismillah, be consistent with the morning and evening Adhkar, express gratitude to Allah and He will increase you, these are all ways to significantly magnify the Barakah in your day, simple deeds yet promising mountains of rewards!

6) Seek the Blessed Times for Dua’

Especially during Ramadan, our tongues should become moist with dhikr and dua’, and although we should be making Dua’ at all times, there are certain hours that cannot be missed. These would include:

The last third of the night,
Between the adhan and iqama,
Before breaking your fast,
In Sujood
These timings are of infinite blessings, where Allah promises to answer our Dua’s, so how can we abandon them and instead busy ourselves with trivial, unimportant matters?

The ultimate source of barakah in our lives is Allah , hence, we must constantly be making Dua for barakah in our time and deeds. The following Dua is asking Allah for barakah in what we have already been given; it is part of the well-known Dua Qunoot and a beautiful one to beseech Allah with:

{وبارك لي فيما أعطيت}

“wa baarik lee feemaa ‘a’atayta”

“and bless me in what You have bestowed”

A Point for Reflection

Imam Al-Bukhari, the great Muhaddith, had memorized and compiled over 600,000 hadiths in his Saheeh. Imam an-Nawawi, another great scholar, began seeking knowledge at the age of 19 (which is considered quite late), and he passed away at the age of 40. However, within this short span of time he was able to leave behind a tremendous legacy and inspirational books that are referred to until this very day. Where did they get the time to accomplish these things you might wonder? It must have been Barakah!

The blessed month of Ramadan is engulfed with remarkable virtues and blessings, it is the month where every soul races to attain the mercy and forgiveness of the All-Mighty . In it, hearts are rectified, souls are cleansed and thoughts are purified by the mercy of Allah. The ideas outlined in this article are very simple yet enormously impactful if we consistently implement them. Let’s dedicate our time this Ramadan to strengthen the bond with our Creator and climb up the ladder of spiritual growth!

May Allah allow us to witness this long-awaited month and shower upon us His infinite mercy and forgiveness! Ameen.

Source: https://blog.islamiconlineuniversity.com/six-easy-ways-maximize-barakah-ramadan/
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by StraightPath81
Six Easy Ways to Maximize the Barakah (blessings) in Ramadan:

With our countless responsibilities and the never ending demands of everyday life, many of us struggle to find the time to achieve our goals in Ramadan. We feel overwhelmed and the lack of time leaves us disappointed at the end of each day. Nonetheless, a simple yet profound concept has the potential to transform our Ramadan and entire life around!

It is Barakah. But what is Barakah? It is not about having more, rather the ability to do more with the less that you have. Barakah is Allah granting us immense blessings in what we have, bestowing upon us exponential increases in our time and rizq (sustenance). Generating outstanding results with the minimalist of efforts; that is the essence of Barakah! And what better time to start implementing this life-transforming concept than in Ramadan, the month of Barakah and the month wherein the most blessed book was sent down?

1) Maximize Your Intention

Narrated ‘Umar bin Al-Khattab:

I heard Allah’s Messenger saying, “The reward of deeds depends upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended…”

This is the secret formula by which Allah would magnify our rewards beyond imagination! Think of two people performing wudhu’: one is doing it with the intention of praying, whilst the other adds to that the intention of cleansing himself of every misdeed committed by his limbs, getting closer to Allah by purifying himself both physically and spiritually as well as performing a sunnah of the beloved . Which of these two will receive an abundant reward? Without a doubt, it is the person who had multiple intentions for this one single deed. Bountiful rewards await such a person due to the power and magnitude of the intention; an effortless deed that many of us are heedless to.

We must revive this beautiful teaching during Ramadan for greater Barakah in our actions. Whether you are reciting the Qur’an or cooking Iftar in the kitchen; be sure to maximize your intention, because every seemingly small deed carries magnanimous rewards!

2) The Qur’an

“And this [Qur’an] is a Book We have revealed [which is] blessed, so follow it and fear Allah that you may receive mercy.” 2

Allah describes the Qur’an as blessed, and this is a fact that every reader would testify to. I have personally experienced this myself, the more I recite from the Qur’an, the more barakah there is in my time, the more I can achieve with the exact same hours that I have every single day. How many of us would wish for extra hours during the day to complete unfinished tasks? With this blessed book, you won’t need them.

Ramadan is the month of the Qur’an, where our daily recitations increase and where we reflect and ponder upon the words of Allah. Simply reading a few more pages will grant you unimaginable barakah in your time and innumerable Hasanat for every letter you recite, leaving you with a heart filled with peace and tranquillity.

3) Utilize the Morning Hours

Narrated Sakhr al-Ghamidi:

The Prophet said: “O Allah, bless my people in their early mornings.” 3

The morning hours after Fajr are a treasure for every human being. These hours are especially blessed by Allah and those who do not utilize them are indeed in great loss. It is in these blissful hours that one is able to have clarity of thought, away from all distractions, by which they are able to complete a number of tasks that would have otherwise taken up an entire day. This is a fundamental aspect of productivity that all experts call for; these are the golden hours that we cannot forsake. Whether you are a student with multiple exams, a young mother with little children who expend most of your time and energy, or a student of the Qur’an striving to memorize a new surah, this is the ideal time for you to start working, try it and watch how your day unfolds!

4) Less Screen Time

Spending our precious time on petty matters such as the latest updates on social media platforms should be the last thing on our minds during Ramadan. Try to make this a screen-free month, except for checking important messages and beneficial posts, thereby making time for the revival of your heart and the purification of your soul with minimal distractions.

We claim to be spending only five minutes on our devices, but it is never just five minutes. Our time is a gift from Allah, a gift that we will be held accountable for, and every passing minute is one that we will never be able to get back. You will be astonished by the time that will be freed up for you with less technology; you will find greater barakah in it, thus a chance to increase your credit of good deeds.

5) Fill Your Time Gaps

One must be conscious of their daily tasks to be able to fully utilize the gaps during their day. If you are a student commuting then you can spend the few extra minutes you have to read the Qur’an, or if you are waiting for a meal to be cooked, you can utilize the minutes of delay for dhikr and Istighfar by which your reward will be increasing perpetually. We must train our tongues to be continuously remembering Allah during the blessed hours of fasting so as not to be from the people of heedlessness. Fill your time gaps with sunnah acts that are inherently engulfed by immense Barakah: Start every act with bismillah, be consistent with the morning and evening Adhkar, express gratitude to Allah and He will increase you, these are all ways to significantly magnify the Barakah in your day, simple deeds yet promising mountains of rewards!

6) Seek the Blessed Times for Dua’

Especially during Ramadan, our tongues should become moist with dhikr and dua’, and although we should be making Dua’ at all times, there are certain hours that cannot be missed. These would include:

The last third of the night,
Between the adhan and iqama,
Before breaking your fast,
In Sujood
These timings are of infinite blessings, where Allah promises to answer our Dua’s, so how can we abandon them and instead busy ourselves with trivial, unimportant matters?

The ultimate source of barakah in our lives is Allah , hence, we must constantly be making Dua for barakah in our time and deeds. The following Dua is asking Allah for barakah in what we have already been given; it is part of the well-known Dua Qunoot and a beautiful one to beseech Allah with:

{وبارك لي فيما أعطيت}

“wa baarik lee feemaa ‘a’atayta”

“and bless me in what You have bestowed”

A Point for Reflection

Imam Al-Bukhari, the great Muhaddith, had memorized and compiled over 600,000 hadiths in his Saheeh. Imam an-Nawawi, another great scholar, began seeking knowledge at the age of 19 (which is considered quite late), and he passed away at the age of 40. However, within this short span of time he was able to leave behind a tremendous legacy and inspirational books that are referred to until this very day. Where did they get the time to accomplish these things you might wonder? It must have been Barakah!

The blessed month of Ramadan is engulfed with remarkable virtues and blessings, it is the month where every soul races to attain the mercy and forgiveness of the All-Mighty . In it, hearts are rectified, souls are cleansed and thoughts are purified by the mercy of Allah. The ideas outlined in this article are very simple yet enormously impactful if we consistently implement them. Let’s dedicate our time this Ramadan to strengthen the bond with our Creator and climb up the ladder of spiritual growth!

May Allah allow us to witness this long-awaited month and shower upon us His infinite mercy and forgiveness! Ameen.

Source: https://blog.islamiconlineuniversity.com/six-easy-ways-maximize-barakah-ramadan/

JazakAllah for sharing this :biggrin:
Reply 24
How to Maximise the Spirit of Ramadan During Menstruation

Ramadan represents an important time for Muslims. It is a month inwhich we return ourselves to Allah and the Qur’an. Physically, we abstain from food and water, reminding the body of how little sustenance it needs to thrive. Morally, the Muslim works on improving their character, abstaining from anger, backbiting and obscene language. They guard their ears, eyes, and tongues from engaging in sinful behavior. Spiritually, it is a time of self-reformation and seeking purification from desires (nafs) to bring oneself closer to Allah. We give up the devices of this world (dunya), whether it is our cellphones, music playlists, Netflix subscriptions or social media to bring ourselves in alignment with what Islam asks of us, and in turn, inculcate a deeper sense of God consciousness (taqwa). Before the month even starts, an aura of anticipation and eagerness fills our communities. We circulate lists of goals to be achieved, whether it is increased prayers, recitation of the Qur’an or standing in the night prayer, seeking solace in the company of Allah.

For women, menstruation (hayd) can present a distinct challenge just as they find themselves settling into a Ramadan routine, they start their cycle and are no longer able to fast or pray. For many, this leads to a sense of frustration and questioning as to how they can benefit spiritually. First and foremost, understanding and obeying the command of Allah is in itself a form of worship. So, if a woman refrains from fasting while menstruating, she is gaining reward from her Creator, due to her humility and obedience.

Moreover, there are ample ways a woman can worship, affording herself the opportunity to benefit from the blessings of Ramadan even while she is menstruating. In each prayer time, she can perform ablution (wudu), enter into her prayer space and focus her heart on Allah through different means. Allah tells us in the Qur’an, “When My servants ask you about Me [tell them that] I am truly near. I respond to the call of one when he prays to Me; so they should respond to Me [with obedience] and have faith in Me, so that they may be on the right path.” (Surat al-Baqarah 2:186).

Below are some practices a woman can partake in during her hayd:

1. Daily Litany (Wird) Recite a portion from a compiled book of litanies, such as Al-Hizb al-A’zam. These Qur’anic and Prophetic invocations remind the believer of the temporal nature of the dunya and the need to consistently put one’s focus on the hereafter (akhira).

2. Remembrance (Dhikr) One of the most beloved things to Allah is when his believing servant glorifies and praises Him. Recognising and calling on the attributes of Allah is an important way to strengthen your relationship with Him.

3. Supplication (Du’a) One of the most intimate and powerful means of communicating with Allah is through du’a. It is through du’a that we turn our affairs over to Allah, we accept His power over all things and our absolute submission to Him. We open our hearts to Allah and ask for His forgiveness, guidance and mercy.

4. Seeking Forgiveness (Istighfar) Ramadan is a month in which the believer turns to Allah seeking His absolute forgiveness. It is a time when the floodgates of Allah’s mercy are wide open and the believer simply needs to turn toward Allah penitently. Allah knows that His creation will repeatedly sin, but He has also given us the means of erasing those sins through istighfar.

5. Sending Salutations (Salawat) By sending salawat, a woman is not only fulfilling the command of Allah but increasing the love she has for the Beloved Messenger (may Allah bless him and give him peace), as well as increasing his love for her. Our salawat will envelop us in the mercy and protection of Allah and His Messenger (may Allah bless him and give him peace) on the Day of Judgment.

In addition to the above mentioned, there are multiple other things a woman can engage in to use her time for spiritual benefit. Although this is not a conclusive list, it is suggestions from our team that we have found beneficial.

1. Listen to Qur’an Recitation A powerful way to soften the heart and to draw oneself closer to Allah and the message of Islam is to listen to the recitation of the Qur’an. As we listen and reflect on the meaning of the verses, we realize the immense power of Allah and the challenges faced by the Prophets as they spread the message of oneness (tawhid). Listening to the verses also brings about a feeling of calm and serenity. Many organizations are live-streaming recitations of the Tarawih prayers. One can open up their browser with the livestream playing in one window and pull up the translation in another window to follow along. Reading the meaning while hearing the recitation live can beautifully penetrate the heart.

2. Read Hadith Commentary The body of hadith collections is an amazing way to get a glimpse at what life was like for the Beloved Messenger (may Allah bless him and give him peace). They are also a source of legislative information for Muslims, giving detail and nuance on issues the Qur’an does not directly address. However, it is important to keep in mind that an average person cannot open up a Hadith book and simply apply what is written therein. A scholar should be consulted. The benefit for us is in learning about the things our Prophet (may Allah bless him and give him peace) did and said. You can start with a collection, such as Provisions for the Seekers. Other collections are Imam Nawawi’s 40 Hadith and Imam Bukhari’s Al-Adab al-Mufrad, which focuses on the perfection of one’s character and manners.

3. Read a Seerah Book One way to inculcate the love of the Messenger (may Allah bless him and give him peace) in our hearts is to read about his life and traits. A book or audio lecture series on the Seerah allows us to understand the events of his beloved life and all the sacrifices he made, so we could receive and practice the religion (din) with such ease. When we learn about him, we know him, and then cannot help but love him (may Allah bless him and give him peace).

4. Read Tafsir of the Qur’an While recitation of the Qur’an itself is prohibited in hayd, a woman can read the tafsir to help her understand better what is being discussed within the pages of scripture. A good start would be Illuminating Discourses on the Noble Quran for a comprehensive tafsir or Pearls from the Quran by Shaykh Mufti Saiful Islam for a condensed look at particular chapters.

5. Read Islamic Literature There is an abundance and wealth of Islamic literature available. There are books on the Companions of the Prophet (may Allah bless him and give him peace), Islamic history, Islamic law (fiqh) and theory, spirituality and the scholars of the past. There are amazing books being produced by female scholars on a range of topics, including the example of great Muslim women throughout history.

6. Service to Others Although she cannot fast herself, a menstruating woman can be of service to others. One way to do this is to prepare a meal for those who are fasting. If she is already doing this, she can take it up a notch when she is menstruating by preparing food for her extended family, local congregation or her neighbors. Additionally, she can volunteer at a food bank or soup kitchen to spend her time in service of those who are in need.

7. Watch Islamic Videos While one should be careful of the scholarship they take from online, as there is so much content available, a beautiful way to learn about any subject is to watch a video series. There are many series available that take the listener through a topic in detail so they develop a grounded and solid understanding. There are many selections available on ZamZam Academy.

The mercy of Allah, especially in the month of Ramadan, is expansive and in no way reserved for only those who are able to fast and pray. Menstruating women should first remember that by refraining from the fast, prayer and recitation of the Qur’an, they are following the command of their Creator. In that itself is a reward. Second, as shown above, there are numerous ways to engage in worship and earn good deeds during this blessed month. A woman in hayd need not worry. As long as a sincere effort is put forth, she will find herself benefiting from Ramadan despite not being able to fast or pray.

Source:https://whitethread.org/menstrualmatters/how-to-maximise-the-spirit-of-ramadan-during-menstruation/?v=79cba1185463
Reply 25
Why do you fast? Is it because everyone around you does? Is it because it’s one of the five pillars?

Have you ever wondered why it is one of the five pillars? Although we strive to learn about the legal rulings of fasting, we often miss out on reflecting upon and attaining the spiritual elements of fasting.

Life With Allah has released an insightful PDF that explains how fasting is connected to the actions of the heart and how it purifies the soul.

1. Fasting & The Purification of The Soul

2. Taqwā: The Purpose of Fasting

3. Fasting & Ṣabr: A Training Programme to Stop Sinning

4. Fasting & Shukr: The Blessing of Ifṭhār and Suḥūr

5. Fasting & Ikhlāṣ

“Successful indeed is the one who purifies their soul, and doomed is the one who corrupts it!” (91:9-10).

Download, read, print and share with family and friends:

https://r.news.uwt.org/mk/cl/f/fhBS7CjFprBIaDxUkxcN9YeiSGx04nPRes7zGJfBkYwP70dtbJFDFekSKz-cbKTLtfFb_jioW_39Uqlsy_Hjn1WKvbj2ec93GQ3XRT7q9oEumJ92om7OJBQjnj6NfulfiRUGJTNqPZ4E3zzBz_8ERI6WVl-jnTM-0MWY6oUMlEQ3jbsFE9VIDg1SggDJEZ4t3ITrdMM-NkqzJt6caau0kEeaoVhjJPuK1ZVyYqvu5_6QcfF_s3BsnJWjHsYjj63HqcKlfyTh01Qdp8TKm3iqZnRAR0gcWEuStnhiZqL_ejEvCw
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 27
*Dates of Odd Nights in last 10 days of Ramadan 2022:*

The best nights of the year have arrived in which there is a night: "better than a 1000 months”[Qur'an: 97:3].

So surely we cannot afford to miss out on such an amazing and valuable opportunity. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: "Search for this night in the off nights of the last 10 days of Ramadan". (Bukhari)

Note: If you started fasting on Sun 3rd April then add 1 night on from:

*21st Night: Thurs 21st April - From Maghrib to Fajr*

*23rd Night: Sat 23rd April - From Maghrib to Fajr*

*25th Night: Mon 25th April - From Maghrib to Fajr*

*27th Night: Wed 27th April - From Maghrib to Fajr*

*29th Night: Fri 29th April - From Maghrib to Fajr*

*Regret Wasting Ramadan so far?*

Al Hasan al-Basri (Ra) said: “Improve your performance in whatever time is left & you'll be forgiven for the time which has already passed. Take special care of whatever time you have left as you don't know when your soul will be turned over to Allah’s Mercy.”

*Maximise the Last 10 Nights of Ramadan:*

http://productivemuslim.com/laylatul-qadr-worship-plan-to-maximise-the-last-10-nights-of-ramadan/

Give generously during these blessed nights:

Help save the lives of Malnourished children in Afghanistan where 3.5 Million are suffering from Malnutrition of which a Million are critical and could die. Give generously during these blessed nights and if it's Laylatul Qadr then every £1 is like giving over £30,000:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/chaat4yemen

*100% Donations policy - Sadaqah, Zakat - PayPal*

OneNationUk.org - Registered Charity no: 1156200
Reply 28
Dates of the Odd numbered Nights of the last 10 nights of Ramadan 2023:

The best nights of the year have arrived in which there is a night: "better than a 1000 months”[97:3].

*21st Night: Tues 11th April*
*23rd Night: Thurs 13th April*
*25th Night: Sat 15th April*
*27th Night: Mon 17th April*
*29th Night: Wed 19th April*

Regret Wasting Ramadan so far?

Hasan al-Basri (Ra) said:“Improve your performance in whatever time is left & you'll be forgiven for the time that has passed. Take special care of whatever time you have left as you don't know when your soul will be turned over to Allah’s Mercy.”

Plan to Maximise Last 10 Nights:

http://productivemuslim.com/laylatul-qadr-worship-plan-to-maximise-the-last-10-nights-of-ramadan/

Give lifesaving Water to Afghanistan:

80% of the population of Afghanistan including 93% of children are in areas where there is no safe clean drinking Water available. One Nation teams are on the ground in Afghanistan distributing safe clean drinking Water to those who desperately need it. Your donations can help save lives. Allah says: "And whoever saves a life, it will be as if they saved all of humanity. (Qur'an: 5:32). The Prophet said: "The best charity is to give Water".(Ahmed).

Give generously during these blessed nights and if it's Laylatul Qadr then every £1 is like giving over £30,000:

http://1Millionlitres4Afghanistan.com

*100% Donations policy - Sadaqah, Zakaat eligible - PayPal accepted*

OneNationUk.org - Registered Charity no: 1156200
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending