The Student Room Group

views on afterlife?

im not sure about like my views on afterlife. im a muslim but i have several different theories on what could happen. sometimes i feel like it's just a black nothing ness obviously your soul goes out of your body and moves into the universe ig. and then there's the idea of heaven and hell which i am sort of persuaded by
(edited 4 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

I believe in the afterlife.
Heaven, hell and purgatory.
As Muslims we already have our beliefs in terms of what will happen after death and the afterlife. So it seems that you are in doubt about your beliefs as a Muslim. Whilst this world is bound by time and space then it can certainly be difficult for many of us to believe in something other than that.

However know that once our soul leaves our bodies then we will descend into another realm which we believe as "Barzakh", which is a transitional phase before the day of Judgement and this is something all Abrahamic faiths believe in although differ upon in many ways. However as Muslims we are given quite an in-depth view as to what will happen after our deaths as well as in the grave and in the Hereafter.

Therefore we must not allow Atheistic or Deistic beliefs which are bound by what we can touch, see and hear in this world, to permeate into our minds and hearts. Surely we can see all around us in the creation of life, this world and the Universe that it is all controlled and regulated by a higher power and therefore it is impossible for something so complex and changing all the time to just come out of nothing and to continue developing and changing on its own.

Allah tells us in the Qur'an to think and contemplate with regards to the creation of the Earth, our own creation and that of lie in general and the Universe. The Qur'an also mentions about the expanding Universe. The first word that written in the Qur'an was to "Read". This is because we have been given Intelligence and intellect to be able to think.

However sometimes doubts do come into our minds and hearts especially if we lack knowledge of our religion and instead look into other ideas outside of our religion for explanation as to our purpose and what will happen after death.

Please look into the following which you will find very interesting:

https://youtu.be/_6sDUk-AWlE

Also if you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to ask or you can contact me directly if you wish.
(edited 1 year ago)
don't really believe in it.
Original post by khadijaaaxxxx
don't really believe in it.

In what? What are your doubts?
Original post by StraightPath81
In what? What are your doubts?

i've never really given it much thought honestly.
I'm not sure what to think, nothing beyond scientific understanding can be proven.
Original post by londonmyst
I believe in the afterlife.
Heaven, hell and purgatory.

:five: (Though in my case, am very undecided on what Heaven is/looks like :ninja: )
yeah I believe in a heaven and a hell. Even when i was an agnostic, i could never believe that there was nothing after death, if we were created by someone, and if that someone was loving he would create a place for his people.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:five: (Though in my case, am very undecided on what Heaven is/looks like :ninja: )

Biblically speaking, it would look like a city a huge and magnificant city with houses but not like earthly houses but a mansion suited for your liking (John 14:2-3), it will also have "Pearl Gates & Streets of Gold" alongside huge temples for worship. seems pretty good to me :smile:
I don't believe in hell. I believe after death we go back to our infinitely vast, blissful and all-knowing divine state. We can then choose what to experience next, whether it's becoming an angel, turning into a nature spirit, reincarnating, or anything else we want. We are gods.
(edited 2 years ago)
There are many descriptions of Paradise in the Qur'an and Sunnah. However it can be summed up in the following verse:

No soul can imagine what delights are kept in store for them as a reward for what they used to do (in the worldly life).(Qur'an 32;17)
I believe in Heaven, but I'm not sure about Hell. God did not directly split people as good and bad, just humans who sin. Therefore, we all qualify for Heaven. I reckon it depends how sympathetic God feels.
I believe in a creator. No doubt there is a creator. But religion is man made to me like marriage.

So whatever will happen to me after my death will be up to the one who created me.
Allah says to those who doubt in him and of the life after death:

"How can you disbelieve in Allah? Seeing that you were dead and He gave you life. Then He will give you death, then again will bring you to life (on the Day of Resurrection) and then unto Him you will return." (Qur'an:2;28)

"Do people think We cannot reassemble their bones?" Yes ˹indeed˺! We are ˹most˺ capable of restoring ˹even˺ their very fingertips. (Meaning our finger prints which are unique to every one of us) (Qur'an:75;3&4)
ive honestly no idea
i feel it's unlikely anything happens tho tbh :dontknow:
Reply 16
I’m now completely content with the idea that there is nothing after death, it won’t really be my problem I suppose, I won’t actually be there.
Makes life seem short but hey! not much I can do about it.
Original post by khadijaaaxxxx
i've never really given it much thought honestly.

It's extremely important you do because as a Muslim the life after death is one of the most fundamental beliefs. I would suggest you read a good easy to understand translation of the Qur'an like "The Clear Qur'an":

https://m.clearquran.com/

If you need anymore help and guidance then feel free to ask.
I don't belief there is enough evidence to warrant belief in the afterlife. Once we die we cease to exist and we have already experienced a state of inexistence before we were born so I don't see why a state of inexistence after our death would be any different. I guess there's only one way to find out if there is an afterlife or not haha
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by p-high-sces
im not sure about like my views on afterlife. im a muslim but i have several different theories on what could happen. sometimes i feel like it's just a black nothing ness obviously your soul goes out of your body and moves into the universe ig. and then there's the basic idea of heaven and hell which i am sort of persuaded by but sometimes it doesn't seem real.

I used to do ghost hunting for a living and come across things that have been unexplained either personally to me, or witnessed by a large group of people, and information that could be verified. So for me personally I do believe there is something beyond when we pass over.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending