The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You won't see their posts in threads by default, it'll just show "this user has been added to your ignore list, click here to view this post" or something along those lines, and you won't get any notifications from them. They can still see and reply to your posts though (although as above you won't get a notification or see their reply unless you look at the thread, see they replied, then click the button to view their reply).
Original post by artful_lounger
You won't see their posts in threads by default, it'll just show "this user has been added to your ignore list, click here to view this post" or something along those lines, and you won't get any notifications from them. They can still see and reply to your posts though (although as above you won't get a notification or see their reply unless you look at the thread, see they replied, then click the button to view their reply).

Thanks for the quick reply i appreciate it. i had to put people on my ignore list because i have a stalker that keep replying to my thread and random people keep following me is there anyway to block people on here?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by yellowvelvetcake
Thanks for the quick reply i appreciate it. i had to put people on my ignore list because i have a stalker that keep replying to my thread and random people keep following me is there anyway to block people on here?

No, you can't prevent others from seeing your posts, but the ignore lists prevents you seeing theirs and getting notifications from them contacting you.

If someone is harassing you or breaking the rules you can report the offending posts by clicking on the "report post" link at the top right of any such posts.
Thats good.
Original post by Susan219
You are not the only new girl on here that has had to put up with this person.
It's not right for new people to have to put up with this being new on here, especially being young girls or young ladies as well

The username of the person that has been stalking me and some of my friends on here is peter_000 i reported him as spam because i did not see a harrasing one and put he is making me feel uncomfortable because he is stalking my threads. My other friend has also reported him and he is on my ignore list and he has replied to one of my threads.

Please don't discuss matters like this on the public forum, in particular naming individual members as this can end up as a bit of a binfire. If you want to discuss the actions of certain members, you need to create a thread in ACT, which you can find here. This is a private forum, where only you and the moderators (the people with red names you see around here) can discuss things privately. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Reality Check
Please don't discuss matters like this on the public forum, in particular naming individual members as this can end up as a bit of a binfire. If you want to discuss the actions of certain members, you need to create a thread in ACT, which you can find here. This is a private forum, where only you and the moderators (the people with red names you see around here) can discuss things privately. Thanks :smile:

Very sorry about that, we did not know about that
I apologise
Original post by Susan219
Very sorry about that, we did not know about that
I apologise

It's no problem, and as new members, you couldn't be expected to know about ACT - hence my giving you the link :smile:

i am so sorry i did not know that. i apologise for my actions.
i am so sorry i did not know that. i apologise for my actions.

As above - it's no problem :smile:
As above - it's no problem :smile:

Thanks for understanding i appreciate that.
Reply 11

The person they're talking about is a regular troll... The mods already know about him.
Original post by Foxehh
The person they're talking about is a regular troll... The mods already know about him.

Spoiler

Ooh, weird BB code in that spoiler. @Evil Homer, @QA1 I don't know if you want to open a ticket on that?
Ooh, weird BB code in that spoiler. @Evil Homer, @QA1 I don't know if you want to open a ticket on that?

Thats not the person me and susan are talking about we are talking about @prince_000. What does it mean to open a ticket?
(edited 2 years ago)
Thats not the person me and susan are talking about we are talking about @prince_000. What does it mean to open a ticket?

Yes I know. The people quoted in are mods/dev to have a look at the weird code which appeared in my post (technical stuff :smile: )
Yes I know. The people quoted in are mods/dev to have a look at the weird code which appeared in my post (technical stuff :smile: )

What does opening a ticket mean?
What does opening a ticket mean?

It's a general computing term when you find a bug or something not working properly and you want to report the issue - you 'open a ticket' on it. It comes from when physical tickets used to be issued as 'receipts' to people reporting matters arising.
It's a general computing term when you find a bug or something not working properly and you want to report the issue - you 'open a ticket' on it. It comes from when physical tickets used to be issued as 'receipts' to people reporting matters arising.

Yea i want to open a ticket on the person but could i get banned?
(edited 2 years ago)
Yea i want to open a ticket on the person but could i get banned?

Start a thread in the forum which I linked for you in post #11. No, you won't get banned for it :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending