Confused about my masters programme

Watch this thread
Teeeka
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello everyone, I hope you're all doing well. I started looking at getting a master's degree (I wish everyone applying, all the luck). I initially considered International Development, only to find that it is a very broad degree, and that pursuing a master's degree should be more focused -**and I'd love to hear about all of your experiences in deciding on a degree. At undergraduate, I majored in media studies and international relations.

My passions include: 1. assisting women and children in their healthcare needs.
2. Female genital mutilation (FGM) - healthcare
3. Human rights

I was thinking about human rights law at the time.

Another item that has me perplexed is a position with a non-profit organization; I'm not sure what role I could play given my interests.
Teeeka
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Hello everyone, I hope you're all doing well. I started looking at getting a master's degree (I wish everyone applying, all the luck). I initially considered International Development, only to find that it is a very broad degree and that pursuing a master's degree should be more focused -**and I'd love to hear about all of your experiences in deciding on a degree. As an undergraduate, I majored in media studies and international relations.

My passions include: 1. assisting women and children in their healthcare needs.
2. Female genital mutilation (FGM) - healthcare
3. Human rights

I was thinking about human rights law at the time.

Another item that has me perplexed is a position with a non-profit organization; I'm not sure what role I could play given my interests.
Asha_'
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Could maybe look into masters in Public health? It relates to all your interests and many people with non-science/medical backgrounds do a MPH.

I initially wanted to study medicine to become a paediatrician but after work experience in the hospital and other healthcare settings I realised I didn't want to be trapped in that environment and would rather focus on disease prevention rather than individual disease treatment so I opted for public health instead with interest in epidemiology.
Last edited by Asha_'; 3 months ago
Teeeka
Rep:
(Original post by Asha_')
Could maybe look into masters in Public health? It relates to all your interests and many people with non-science/medical backgrounds do a MPH.

I initially wanted to study medicine to become a paediatrician but after work experience in the hospital and other healthcare settings I realised I didn't want to be trapped in that environment and would rather focus on disease prevention rather than individual disease treatment so I opted for public health instead with interest in epidemiology.
Hey, thank you for your response, I'll definitely look into it. Thanks once again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (20)
31.25%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (24)
37.5%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.13%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
4.69%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.25%
I’m starting to consider my university options (9)
14.06%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.56%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.56%

Watched Threads