Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've never downloaded any music. I burn CDs like a fiend though.

ReputationRep:
    lol who said that they dont like music?

ReputationRep:
    I download. If I like it I'll buy it though my dad owns a truly VAST collection of records, cassettes and CDs (we're talking several thousand of each) so we probably already own a legal copy somewhere. There's a trumpet player who's music I download a lot so I went and bought a load of his CDs as I like the him so much.

ReputationRep:
    Bit of both, i have a lot of the albums i have on the pc anyway. I tend to go to secondhand record stores especially one called Cheapo cheapo (it's off rupert street in london in case anyone's interested) anyway they do 4 cd's for a fiver and i just end up spending hours there just looking for that last album to make up the fiver and in my experience its always worth it if you don't like the album you've spent what 1.25 on it and you tend to end up buying stuff you wouldn't normally have gone for which actually means you discover some music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BLUREMI)
    i think hayley ment when the record companies mess up the song so it messes up in the middle
    you don't get those files on bittorent. only kazaa and its siblings.

i download some music and buy the best of what i like

ReputationRep:
    I think Ive bought like 2 albums in my life, and I have over 150 on my computer, so go figure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmz635)
    you don't get those files on bittorent. only kazaa and its siblings.

i download some music and buy the best of what i like
    bittorent never has any music, wot site to u use to get the torrents? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    bittorent never has any music, wot site to u use to get the torrents? :confused:
    no point telling you coz u cant register! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    ...I don't download. Also the sound quality is much better on CD or Vinyl.
    Depends on the bitrate of the sound file and what it is on CD.

ReputationRep:
    I buy some and I download a lot, I'm waiting for Angel of Retribution!!
    Judas Priest rulez

ReputationRep:
    I used to download music via AudioGalaxy. What I did was to download artists I heard of by the 'similar artists' section on allmusic.com for power metal, a 'sub-section' of rock (artists like: Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, Stratovarius, Dragonheart etc). Then from that, I have since bought their CDs over eBay, because the likes of HMV and MVC charge too much and it takes ages getting them in for order. I have also bought some memerobillia (sp) of Blind Gaurdian, namely a pair of tracksuit bottoms and a jumper.

There's not much point in me downloading much music from Kazaa (using the Lite version) as I'm interested in not so well known artists. Although eMule is pretty good, very few erroneous files too.

ReputationRep:
    theres lots of bittorrent sites that have music

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Although eMule is pretty good, very few erroneous files too.
    I use eMule amongst others quite lot.Some of the files you really have to be careful with and check.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cindy)
    I use eMule amongst others quite lot.Some of the files you really have to be careful with and check.
    There are various ways of doing this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cindy)
    theres lots of bittorrent sites that have music
    i used to use loki torrent, but they got over loaded now i use demonoid or my other one...

( )

ReputationRep:
    I may download a few tracks, but if I like them I'll buy the album. So really in my case the record labels benefit from having the likes of kazaa etc around.

ReputationRep:
    Yes as it happens i do... I mean i get the odd mix of people, but for the most part i buy my own music

ReputationRep:
    i do both. but these days download more. :p: well the relaly worth it ones i'd buy, ie. the latest one i bought was "phantom of the opera" soundtrack. i'm a musical fanatic.

ReputationRep:
    I'm about half and half. I'd say that I buy my music more than I download though.

DO YOU BUY UR CDS
    no. i steal them.

actually i download a lot of stuff. but ive decided that if i like it im gonna start buyin the CD's. i have a few in my collection (and hopefully itll be growing rapidly)

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.