The Student Room Group

QUB A100 2022 Offer Holders

Welcome to the QUB A100 2022 Offer Holders.

For general information click: https://www.qub.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/medicine-mb-a100/

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, mention and advertise group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not me but my daughter has an offer. Queens is her first choice. What accommodation is everyone going for?
Any grads in here? Woohoo congrats on your offers team! 🥳🥳
Reply 3
If all goes to plan daughter will be here. Looking to spend a few days getting her moved in - when does everyone arrive?
well done everyone !!
Reply 5
Congratulations to everyone who made it this far!! :biggrin: Do you know when we will get an offer holder's day invitation? and when should we apply to accommodation (is it a first come first serve basis)?
Original post by Subi2254
Congratulations to everyone who made it this far!! :biggrin: Do you know when we will get an offer holder's day invitation? and when should we apply to accommodation (is it a first come first serve basis)?

i emailed a couple weeks back, they're planning on holding an offer-holder day mid-late april apparently so probs v soon
Hi, I got put on hold. But I was wondering, is there anyone here who has an offer who is planning on firming another university? Or are the majority of you planning on firming Queens?
I just wanna get an idea of my chances. Thank you.
Original post by pandas15
Hi do you have any more details about this - Is this like a medicine specific offer holder day? I have already registered for an offer holder day for in may but I don’t think it is subject specific (there was also another date around the 18th of March). But I received this invitation before I heard back about medicine probably because I already had a biomedicine offer from QUB.

i didn't get much info unfortunately but ye it's an offer holder's day specifically for medicine
Reply 9
Hiya! Does anyone know which accommodation is the best? I know that BT9 is more suitable for first year undergrad students as its more social but BT1 and BT2 are in the city centre. Not sure which to choose!!!
Original post by sim2808
Hiya! Does anyone know which accommodation is the best? I know that BT9 is more suitable for first year undergrad students as its more social but BT1 and BT2 are in the city centre. Not sure which to choose!!!

Bt9 is around the same walking distance from campus as BT1 and BT2. BT9 is maybe 5 minutes from city centre by bus , but it is nice how BT1 and 2 are so central. Something else to remember is that in BT9 you'll have way more flatmates than in BT1 and 2. BT1 and 2 defo have nicer rooms but the BT9 ones really aren't bad either. A lot of people are a fan of the community feel of BT9 whilst some people who are more independent might prefer BT1 and BT2 so it's really up to what suits you the most. Hope this helps!
Reply 11
Original post by lostpersephone
Bt9 is around the same walking distance from campus as BT1 and BT2. BT9 is maybe 5 minutes from city centre by bus , but it is nice how BT1 and 2 are so central. Something else to remember is that in BT9 you'll have way more flatmates than in BT1 and 2. BT1 and 2 defo have nicer rooms but the BT9 ones really aren't bad either. A lot of people are a fan of the community feel of BT9 whilst some people who are more independent might prefer BT1 and BT2 so it's really up to what suits you the most. Hope this helps!

Thanks so much! This really helps :smile:
are there any other English offer holders here? if so which accom are you more inclined towards?
Original post by summerbh
are there any other English offer holders here? if so which accom are you more inclined towards?

I’m from Newcastle :smile: but I’m not sure yet, do we know which one is closer to the medical school?
Original post by summerbh

I’m from Reading, thinking BT9 cos it sounds a wee bit more social/suited for freshers
Original post by settle4donuts
i emailed a couple weeks back, they're planning on holding an offer-holder day mid-late april apparently so probs v soon

Hi do you know if this will be online or in person?
Reply 16
Does anyone know when freshers week is?
For accommodation, is the first come first serve basis dependent on when we firm the uni or when we send the application for accom? how does it work?
For accommodation, is the first come first serve basis dependent on when we firm the uni or when we send the application for accom? how does it work?

Are you planning on firming?

Just found out that they give out accom mainly based on how far away you live from campus

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending