Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I'd recieved my first three offers from Bath, Cardiff and Manchester to do Mechanical Engineering.
    Atleast so I believed, I recieved the letter from Manchester telling me I'd been offer to do a foundation year followed by the ordinary masters course.

I am from Sweden and I am doing the ordinary Swedish course, focused on maths and physics as much as it's possible. Certainly the language would be a problem but I wouldn't mind taking a test and get work to do before attending the uni.

I have perfect grades, have participated in physics/programming competitions both nationally and internationally.

I don't really care about the fact I won't be going to Manchester as I never intended to but somehow it offends me. I understand that maybe I shouldn't be as elegible as maybe IB or ordinary english applicants but what throws me off is that I have to other offers for Mech Engineering out of which one is more popular then manc and I also got pooled by Cambridge which should have more difficult criterieas (seeing as my interview was crap only my application mattered so it should be sufficient).

I mailed the tutor for the foundation year and she told me to contact some else which had for some reason found me not elegible. This person hasn't answered for a few weeks now so I've given up.

I know it's kinda trivial but it matters to me so what's your take on this?

Even though Cambridge pooled me what I'm looking to achieve is getting an offer from ICL and if not even manchester (yes arrogant again, I apologize I don't mean it as it sounds) won't give me one why would ICL?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.