The Student Room Group

Can you pass driving test in uni?

Long story short: I booked my theory test in July even though I tried to book it earlier on but spaces were full so the only month I could book is in July. After I pass my theory I want to pass my practical but I know University is going to start in September so I'm wondering is it possible that I can pass my driving test in University times? Would it be possible or am I going to be screwed? How many hours do you need to commit in order for you pass it? If I can't, do I have to wait until I graduate?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
You would normally have 2 years from the date of passing your theory test to get a practical driving test

Uni hours shouldn't be an issue, there is usually room for negotiation in between your lectures and some instructors do evenings or weekends. The biggest issue might be a lack of driving instructors available to teach you. DVSA reckon about 45hrs of lessons and 20hrs practice as a minimum to get you to cover all areas of the driving syllabus. Some report here needing less. But if you run out of time (2 years) you just need to do your theory again.

Some people can take years to get it together to take a test, others just a few months.
Original post by Robot_Mega
Long story short: I booked my theory test in July even though I tried to book it earlier on but spaces were full so the only month I could book is in July. After I pass my theory I want to pass my practical but I know University is going to start in September so I'm wondering is it possible that I can pass my driving test in University times? Would it be possible or am I going to be screwed? How many hours do you need to commit in order for you pass it? If I can't, do I have to wait until I graduate?

If you can even get a test. The driving test website is nasty to look at. No tests available and no solution on the horizon.
Plenty of people pass in sixth form or uni, it should be fine

Quick Reply

Latest