The Student Room Group

A level opinions

ive chosen my a-levels which are psychology, sociology, law and english lit. Are these good subjects to take? Can i also be told the pros and cons for each one pls
Reply 1
Search up the exam board's spec and see if it sounds interesting
Original post by jessica_barker
ive chosen my a-levels which are psychology, sociology, law and english lit. Are these good subjects to take? Can i also be told the pros and cons for each one pls

Those look good to me.
I did sociology and loved it. It was very interesting. It was also my easiest subject.
i cant comment on the others though as i didnt do those.
thank you!
Reply 5
I’m in year 13 doing psych at the moment and it’s deffo my easiest subject (out of bio and chem). I’d say if you were good at the essay based subjects at GCSE (like history or re) then you really shouldn’t have a problem with psych. It’s also very interesting and genuinely allows you to see things around you in a different perspective so that’s a bonus.
I did Sociology and Psychology; they were my favourite two but I did History as my third....

Psych was interesting and most of it was easy but maths and research was a big part of it which I found difficult because of all the formulas you had to know. But you might find it easy, I am just really bad at anything to do with maths lol :smile: You do different types of psych, I had to do biological psychology which was about drugs, and it was exactly like biology which I hated.. all the neurons and chemicals and the way the drug affects them... too difficult for me but again I'll say I am extremely dumb and I had a friend in the class who found it easy.. but she was veryyy smart. Most of it was alright though, I learned some interesting stuff about real-life experiments and social studies. A lot of writing and memorising.

Sociology was so good for me, I wasn't gonna pick it.. I was gonna pick ART :s-smilie: I'm so glad I went with Soc. Sociology is a lotttttt of writing but it's such an easy subject. You just learn about society and different types of people's opinions on it e.g. feminists, Marxists, neo-liberalists, blah blah. Idk if it's a useful subject in general, depends what you want to go into. I really enjoyed it though, and that means a lot considering I hated my class, I had no friends yet I enjoyed what I learned.

Quick Reply

Latest