The Student Room Group

gcse help

I have to pick my gcses in 3 days and im thinking of doing
triple science
geography
french

but I have no clue what to do for my last option, I'm already studying korean at home so I wouldn't want a subject that's too hard

I was thinking about taking Spanish but would it be pointless to take another language? can you guys advice me some good gcse options?
Do spanish
Depends what you want to be in future. If you know what you wanna do then pick a subject related to that, if not then have a talk with your parents and see if you can work something out with them. However, if there is a subject you like a lot then go for that.
everyone i know who did double languages didnt like it at all and most ended up dropping one of them. there was only one person who did like it but she was half french so....

maybe take a creative subject like textiles or art? however these have a lot of workload apparently.

rs is an easy pass imo, especially if u do Christianity as one of ur religions bc its something we've grown up being taught

maybe see if you can do korean as a gcse? or even an extra gcse depending on if you can do 4 options (i do it and personally i believe it is doable).
Original post by TazmeenX
everyone i know who did double languages didnt like it at all and most ended up dropping one of them. there was only one person who did like it but she was half french so....

maybe take a creative subject like textiles or art? however these have a lot of workload apparently.

rs is an easy pass imo, especially if u do Christianity as one of ur religions bc its something we've grown up being taught

maybe see if you can do korean as a gcse? or even an extra gcse depending on if you can do 4 options (i do it and personally i believe it is doable).

I am portuguease therefore spanish would be relatively easy and some French is similar, I think textiles would be great but the work load is really what I'm dreading, I wouldn't want to not have time to study for more important subjects. additionally, my friend is also taking the same exact gcses as me, and I wouldn't really want to copy her or make her annoyed, although I might just be overthinkung it hahah. I have to pick in 3 days and I still have no clue ahh
Original post by euphoria..45
I am portuguease therefore spanish would be relatively easy and some French is similar, I think textiles would be great but the work load is really what I'm dreading, I wouldn't want to not have time to study for more important subjects. additionally, my friend is also taking the same exact gcses as me, and I wouldn't really want to copy her or make her annoyed, although I might just be overthinkung it hahah. I have to pick in 3 days and I still have no clue ahh

textiles is a lot of work however if u put enough dedication into it like go to all the open studio sessions ur school offers and put a little more work into it than other subjects, it can be worth it bc you will have a couple less exams to do during exam season since its partly book work and partly an exam which u take before all the other exams meaning later you can put more work into your other subjects while everyone else is trying to balance more subjects yk?

don't worry about the friend thing bc at the end of the day, u gotta take what u want to do and what you will do well in and if its the same as ur friend, so be it

Quick Reply

Latest