Does protein timing matter?

Watch this thread
Ahhhhhhyeet
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Does getting protein within a certain time after your weights session matter? Does it affect muscle growth?
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
There’s been studies that prove the time you consume protein doesn’t matter. As long as you’re getting the right amount per day in order to maximise growth.

I follow the principle of 1.2g of protein per kg of body weight. I try getting in protein shakes if I know that I will be unable to hit my target for the day just by solely consuming whole foods.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 5 months ago
Ahhhhhhyeet
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
There’s been studies that prove the time you consume protein doesn’t matter. As long as you’re getting the right amount per day in order to maximise growth.

I follow the principle of 1.2g of protein per kg of body weight. I try getting in protein shakes if I know that I will be unable to hit my target for the day.
Yeah this is why I’m asking cos I keep seeing conflicting things about getting protein at least an hour after a workout or that it doesn’t matter at all. Like could I go 3 hours after my workout without protein?
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Ahhhhhhyeet)
Yeah this is why I’m asking cos I keep seeing conflicting things about getting protein at least an hour after a workout or that it doesn’t matter at all. Like could I go 3 hours after my workout without protein?

Yeah, as long as you’re getting enough protein in your diet. You’re good.

It’s probably just gym rats who have no idea what they’re talking about, and not sticking to facts.
Angry cucumber
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
You have a 5-7 hour window after your workout to eat in. So does it actually matter? no. Just eat food
super_hannah
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
It's a difficult question as some studies say that protein timing does not matter and your overall daily consumption is priority and others state that protein timing is important and it's important to have a source of high protein within 30 mins to one hour after exercise (your anabolic window) in order to preserve and build muscle. It's up to you and what works for your body at the end of the day. For optimum muscle growth aim for 1.6 grams to 2.2 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight.
Proxenus
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
nah but try eat some protein within 5hrs
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (143)
40.28%