The Student Room Group

a level subject options

i want to be an interior designer, and i dont have that many options for a level subjects. I am taking computer science, and im not sure about my third option, i am interested in sociology (9699), psychology (9990) and i also have physics as an option. im not sure what i should do, any suggestions?
Reply 1
Original post by Minn28
i want to be an interior designer, and i dont have that many options for a level subjects. I am taking computer science, and im not sure about my third option, i am interested in sociology (9699), psychology (9990) and i also have physics as an option. im not sure what i should do, any suggestions?

also i havent taken psychology and sociology
in gcses, as they are new subjects in my school, and sadly they dont offer arts
(edited 2 years ago)
I was in year 13 last year and did both psychology and sociology having not done them at GCSE and found that it didn't make any difference
If you'd like, I could tell you a but about what each one is like?
Original post by SB1234567890
I was in year 13 last year and did both psychology and sociology having not done them at GCSE and found that it didn't make any difference
If you'd like, I could tell you a but about what each one is like?

Hey can you please help me with both? Sociology and Psychology, im going to give my exams in 2 months and im freaking out. Any tips? Any notes? Just anything to help? Esp sociology
Original post by alishbaaa
Hey can you please help me with both? Sociology and Psychology, im going to give my exams in 2 months and im freaking out. Any tips? Any notes? Just anything to help? Esp sociology

My main tips for sociology would be:
- use quizlet to see if you can remember what each sociologist argues
- use blurting to see if you can recall the content without prompts
- create brief essay plans summaring the key point of each paragraph, which sociologists you'd mention and how you'd apply it to the core debates (consensus vs conflict, structure vs action)
- don't try to learn every piece of information and instead try to pick a few that you could write about in detail and are easy to link together in an essay

For psychology my main tips would be:
- use quizlet to actively recall the content\
- create essay plans
- use diagrams for topics such as biopsychology
- use lots of past papers, particularly for research methods
- try to find evaluations that can be used for more than one topic (eg Bowlby's theory can be used to evaluate learning theory of attachments) so you can reduce the overall amount to learn

Although alot of my work was paper-based I could share with you my online essays for psychology, my lockdown essays for sociology and access to my quizlets for each if you'd like?
My main tips for sociology would be:
- use quizlet to see if you can remember what each sociologist argues
- use blurting to see if you can recall the content without prompts
- create brief essay plans summaring the key point of each paragraph, which sociologists you'd mention and how you'd apply it to the core debates (consensus vs conflict, structure vs action)
- don't try to learn every piece of information and instead try to pick a few that you could write about in detail and are easy to link together in an essay

For psychology my main tips would be:
- use quizlet to actively recall the content\
- create essay plans
- use diagrams for topics such as biopsychology
- use lots of past papers, particularly for research methods
- try to find evaluations that can be used for more than one topic (eg Bowlby's theory can be used to evaluate learning theory of attachments) so you can reduce the overall amount to learn

Although alot of my work was paper-based I could share with you my online essays for psychology, my lockdown essays for sociology and access to my quizlets for each if you'd like?

Thank you thank you so much, you're an angel. And yes please I'd like some resources. I'm seriously freaking about socio paper 4, the 35 marks questions are scaring me. I feel like I'm not prepared at all :'(
Thank you thank you so much, you're an angel. And yes please I'd like some resources. I'm seriously freaking about socio paper 4, the 35 marks questions are scaring me. I feel like I'm not prepared at all :'(

Can I just check what exam boards you’re on for each subject in case they’re different?
Can I just check what exam boards you’re on for each subject in case they’re different?

Sociology 9699 CAIE
Psychology 9990 CAIE
Sociology 9699 CAIE
Psychology 9990 CAIE

I’m really sorry, I was on AQA for both so I don’t think my resources are going to help you
I’m really sorry, I was on AQA for both so I don’t think my resources are going to help you

Ohh... I think the topics are similar though ://
Ohh... I think the topics are similar though ://

What topics do you study?
What topics do you study?

16605681124887815575439204045980.jpg
16605682018055095099049667798809.jpg

16605681124887815575439204045980.jpg
What about for psychology?

Quick Reply