The Student Room Group

are my predicted grades good enough for Greenhead college

__
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
In short, you can improve your grades, however doing so is going to take a long time, lots of effort and an amazing mindset. You should know that your grades are fantastic already (which only proves your ability to go higher). Also, you need to make sure that you're not sacrificing your mental health or physical health for grades - REMEMBER, YOUR OVERALL WELLBEING IS THE MOST IMPORTANT. (sorry, I don't mean to shout).
In terms of revision tips:
- Science -> https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/
- Maths -> Lots of past papers
- English -> Practise questions (ask your teachers to give them to you and mark them)

!! Active recall is really important for revision, try making or going through flashcards !!

In terms of predicted grades, after this set of mocks, just talk to the school about it.
I hope that helps
Reply 2
If you looked at the enrty requirements on the website https://www.greenhead.ac.uk/courses-apply/entry-requirements you will see that you easily qualify
Original post by EOData
If you looked at the enrty requirements on the website https://www.greenhead.ac.uk/courses-apply/entry-requirements you will see that you easily qualify

Hi thanks for your reply, I did look at the entry requirements and they looked quite low to me as I've heard its very competitive to get in ghc so I though the entry requirements would be a bit higher, also all the people I know that went to greenhead college achieved all 9s/8s so I just was wondering if many student with grades similar to mine got in and want to have an idea on what gcse grades ghc students got on average
Reply 4
Original post by 654321`
Hi thanks for your reply, I did look at the entry requirements and they looked quite low to me as I've heard its very competitive to get in ghc so I though the entry requirements would be a bit higher, also all the people I know that went to greenhead college achieved all 9s/8s so I just was wondering if many student with grades similar to mine got in and want to have an idea on what gcse grades ghc students got on average

Current greenhead student here. We have a fair few people with grades all the way from the entry requirements up to all 9s. There are plenty of people with grades around your level. I encourage you to not worry about this as your grades are a non issue and pretty average if not above average for a Greenhead student. Also do not be worried about the interview if you have one to get in. They don't really mean anything.
Reply 5
Original post by 654321`
Hi, recently my school gave me predicted Grades based off of the recent exams I've done. They aren't entirely accurate as they based it off a portion of exams per subject (e.g for english language I only did paper 2 and they based the predicted grade on that), I was wondering if my Grades are good enough for GHC (I want to study Maths, Biology and Chemistry at alevels) Also please could someone give some tips on how I can improve my grades, do you think it would be possible for me to get all 9s and 8s?

My predicted grades are:
Biology - 7
Chemistry - 8
Maths - 7
English Language - 7
English Literature - 8
French - 7
History - 7
Physics - 7
Religious studies - 8

Hey,
Current student here, all your grades are absolutely solid. Just focus on passing them and keep your Chem, Bio and Maths grades where they are rn =) you shouldn't have a problem at all. I got 3 6s in eng lit, lang and french and i was a completely ideal candiate. as long as you pass other subjects and do well in the ones you want to take, you should be fine
Hi again, I was wondering does Greenhead college use year 10 mocks in their application or year 11 mocks? Because I am kind of confused as some of my teachers say that my year 10 'mocks' ( I'm not even sure if they're mocks because some teacher say they are whilst others say they aren't) are very important and will be used in my college references whereas others say that they're not that important in college application and are just there to see where you're at. Also thanks for the reply.
Reply 7
Original post by 654321`
Hi again, I was wondering does Greenhead college use year 10 mocks in their application or year 11 mocks? Because I am kind of confused as some of my teachers say that my year 10 'mocks' ( I'm not even sure if they're mocks because some teacher say they are whilst others say they aren't) are very important and will be used in my college references whereas others say that they're not that important in college application and are just there to see where you're at. Also thanks for the reply.

Your yr 10 mocks will be used as your predicted grades. Colleges look at predicted grades when considering your application. It's not the end of the world if your predicteds are bad because if you actually get better grades in the real exam you can ask if they will reconsider you on results day.

Quick Reply

Latest