The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Sheffield student accommodation help

Hi,

I'm currently I'm 2nd year and I have really bad social anxiety. I didn't make many friends in first year due to corona and being very shy so my accommodation for this year was very last minute and I hate it. I currently have a shared bathroom and kitchen and I'm scared to leave my room most days. It's stopping me from being able to function and I'm worried about how much this is impacting my studies.

I've made some more friends this year and might move in with some but after first year and this year, I'm starting to think that it would be best to live in a studio flat due to my social anxiety. However, looking into flats is really stressing me out and I need to find something affordable and close to the uni of sheffield.

Does anyone know of any affordable studio flats near the uni of Sheffield? I'm hoping to finally be comfortable where I live in 3rd year.
You could try contacting Smart Move Sheffield in the students union. They might be able to help? Here’s some info from their website:

Smart Move Sheffield
Level 3, Sheffield Students' Union
Western Bank
Sheffield
S10 2TG

Tel: 0114 2226058

Email: [email protected]

Facebook: /smartmoveshef

Twitter: @smartmoveshef
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield